Junior Wells Everybody's Gettin' Some
11 copies available
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: March 15, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Telarc
- 1.Sweet Sixteen
- 2.Everybody's Gettin' Them Some - (with Bonnie Raitt)
- 3.I Can't Stand No Signifyin'
- 4.Get Down - (with Carlos Santana)
- 5.Keep on Steppin'
- 6.Shaky Ground
- 7.You're Tough Enough
- 8.Use Me
- 9.Trying to Get Over You
- 10.Last Hand of the Night
- 11.Don't You Lie to Me
- 12.That's What Love Will Make You Do
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Junior Wells (harmonica, vocals); Rico McFarland, Carlos Santana (guitar); Sonny Landreth (steel guitar); The Legendary White Trash Horns (horns); Dave Torkanowsky (piano, keyboards); Willie Weeks (bass); Brian Jones (drums); Bonnie Raitt (background vocals).
Recorded at Dockside Studios, Maurice, Louisiana on November 8-16, 1994; The Plant, Sausalito, California on January 15, 1995; Conway Recording, Los Angeles, California on February 1, 1995.
Personnel: Junior Wells (vocals, harmonica); Sonny Landreth (guitar, steel guitar); Rico McFarland, Carlos Santana (guitar); Ward Smith (tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone); Jon Smith (tenor saxophone); Steve Howard (trumpet); Legendary White Trash Horns (horns); David Torkanowsky (piano, keyboards); Brian Jones (drums); Donald Ray Charles (congas, cowbells, shaker, tambourine); Charlene Howard, Bonnie Raitt (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Michael Bishop .
Liner Note Author: Don Palmer.
Editor: Michael Bishop .
Photographer: Frank Micelotta.
Unknown Contributor Role: Legendary White Trash Horns.
Makes his prior Telarc offering look like a masterpiece by comparison. A passel of superfluous guest stars -- Bonnie Raitt, Carlos Santana, Sonny Landreth -- unite to produce the most worthless Wells album ever down in Louisiana rather than in Wells's Chicago stomping grounds. Why he wanted to remake songs from the songbooks of WAR and Bill Withers is a mystery better left for future generations to ponder. ~ Bill Dahl
Etta James / Eddie "Cleanhead" VinsonThe Late Show: Blues in the Night, Volume 2 (Live) (CD)
$10.56 LABOR DAY
Generations of Blues, Volume 2 - Born In Chicago (CD)
Charly Blues Masterworks, Volume 28: Chicago Blues (CD)
$6.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE