- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 24, 2012
- Originally Released: 1968
- Label: Jezebel
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Audio Commentary by Director Jack Cardiff
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Stills Gallery
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.66
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Jack Cardiff's GIRL ON A MOTORCYCLE follows the on-and-off-road adventures of Rebecca (Marianne Faithfull), a beautiful young woman who can only find freedom on two wheels. Rebecca leaves her nice-guy husband (Roger Mutton) and--wearing nothing but a fur-lined leather jumpsuit--hops on her beloved motorcycle to meet up with her lover (Alain Delon). This 1968 erotic film combines trippiness, existentialism, and gorgeous footage of the European countryside to create a unique and intriguing tale. The lovely young Faithfull, then-girlfriend of Mick Jagger and a singer in her own right, was a major sex symbol of the Swinging London scene. Her sexy role here garnered plenty of attention. The movie is one of only a handful of films directed by Cardiff, a renowned and prolific cinematographer.
Road Trips |
Rock And Roll |
Scantily Clad Women |
- Theatrical release: 1968.
- The film is based on a book by Andre Pieyre De Mandiargue called LA MOTOCYCLETTE.
- Director Jack Cardiff became involved in movies when he was only 4 years old, a child actor in British films. By age 13 he was working as a camera assistant.
- Jack Cardiff won an Academy Award for cinematography in 1947 for BLACK NARCISSUS.
- The film was made in both French and English for its original theatrical release. According to director Jack Cardiff, the French version got a great response from viewers in Paris.