Frank Zappa Burnt Weeny Sandwich
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$13.07 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.91 (18% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 31, 2012
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Zappa Records
Q - 8/95, pp.150-1514 Stars - Excellent - "Between two slices of naive doo-wop exultation, the weeny in question was the usual blend of crazed elegance and limpet-like discipline, with no filler..."
- 2.Igor's Boogie, Phase One
- 3.Overture To A Holiday In Berlin
- 4.Theme From Burnt Weeny Sandwich
- 5.Igor s Boogie, Phase Two
- 6.Holiday In Berlin, Full - Blown
- 7.Aybe Sea
- 8.The Little House I Used To Live In
Full performer name: Frank Zappa & The Mothers Of Invention.
The Mothers Of Invention includes: Frank Zappa (vocals, guitar, organ); Sugar Cane Harris (violin); Ian Underwood, Don Preston (piano).
BURNT WEENY SANDWICH would be Frank Zappa's last album released in the Sixties (December of 1969, to be exact). Having just split up the original Mothers of Invention line-up, Zappa decided to sift through tapes of unused tracks by the band, which ultimately comprised BURNT WEENY SANDWICH (another compilation of outtakes, WEASELS RIPPED MY FLESH, would be issued one year later). The majority of the album is instrumental, and contains both live and studio material. Although the songs didn't surface the first time around, these aren't throwaways--many worthwhile Zappa cuts reside here.
The only compositions to contain vocals are the album's opener, "WPLJ," and closer, "Valarie." Both are essentially obscure doo-wop covers (Zappa covered doo-wop songs throughout his career), and are expertly performed. Symphonic music is touched upon with two brief tracks, "Igor's Boogie (Phase One)" and "Igor's Boogie (Phase Two)," as well as the lengthier "Holiday in Berlin, Full Blown." "Theme From Burnt Weeny Sandwich" is guitar-driven rock, "Aybe Sea" is beautiful chamber music, and "The Little House I Used To Live In" is a nearly twenty-minute track, beginning as a solo piano piece before turning into a typically twisted Zappa rocker.
Jean-Luc PontyKing Kong: Jean-Luc Ponty Plays The Music Of Frank Zappa
Greasy Love Songs: An FZ Audio Documentary Project / Object (CD)
$9.72 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock 'n Roll Time Capsule, Volume 1 - Disc 6 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE