Big Joe Turner Everyday I Have the Blues
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: June 4, 1991
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: OJC
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Joe Turner (vocals); Pee Wee Crayton (guitar); Sonny Stitt (alto & tenor saxophones); J.D. Nicholson (piano); Charles Norris (bass); Washington Rucker (drums).
Recorded at RCA Recording Studios, Los Angeles, California on March 3, 1975. Originally released on Pablo (2310-818).
Digitally remastered by Phil De Lancie (1991, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley California).
Personnel: Big Joe Turner (vocals); Pee Wee Crayton (guitar); Sonny Stitt (alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); J.D. Nicholson (piano); Washington Rucker (drums).
Recording information: RCA Recording Studios, Los Angeles, CA (03/03/1975).
Photographer: Phil Stern.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Pee Wee Crayton; Sonny Stitt.
This CD reissues one of Big Joe Turner's better Pablo releases. In 1975 Turner's voice was still strong and he had a compatible four-piece group that featured veteran guitarist Pee Wee Crayton. With guest Sonny Stitt contributing typically boppish solos on tenor and alto, Turner sings mostly familiar material (including "Stormy Monday," "Piney Brown" and "Shake, Rattle and Roll") plus his recent "Martin Luther King Southside." Recommended. ~ Scott Yanow
Sonny StittStitt's Bits: Bebop Recordings 1949-1952 [Box Set] (3-CD...
$25.50 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Ike & Tina Turner Golden Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duke Ellington Duke's Mixture / At the Bal Masque (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Count Basie Blues By Basie / Dance Parade (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Del Vikings 1956 Audition Tapes (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE