John Lee Hooker Boogie Chillun [Charly] (Live)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: June 22, 1989
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Fantasy
- 1.I Just Can't Hold on Much Longer
- 2.I'm Gonna Keep on Walking
- 3.I Was Standing by the Wayside
- 4.T. B. Is Killing Me
- 5.Run on Babe
- 6.This World
- 7.I Like to See You Walk
- 8.It's You I Love, Baby
- 9.Driftin' and Driftin'
- 10.You Gonna Miss Me
- 11.You're Nice and Kind to Me Lou Della
- 12.I Need Some Money
- 13.I Want to Get Married
- 14.Boogie Chillun
- 15.Night Time Is the Right Time
- 16.You Don't Move Me Baby
- 17.You Been Dealin' With the Devil
- 18.Cruel Little Baby
- 19.I Got the Key to the Highway
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: John Lee Hooker (vocals, guitar).
All tracks recorded on November 2 & 3 and 8-10, 1962. Tracks 1-10 originally released as LIVE AT SUGAR HILL on Galaxy (8205). Tracks 11-19 originally released in 1972 on the album BOOGIE CHILLUN on Fantasy (24706). Includes original release liner notes by Tony Glover.
Since maximum playing time of a single CD could not accommodate the entire length of the original double-album release, one selection ("Matchbox") has been deleted.
Personnel: John Lee Hooker (vocals, guitar).
Liner Note Author: Tony Glover.
Recording information: 11/02/1962-11/10/1962.
Photographer: Phil Bray.
This version of BOOGIE CHILLUN, originally a live album recorded in 1962, also includes the disc LIVE AT SUGAR HILL, also recorded live in that same year. These two solo concerts are from the beginning of Hooker's "rediscovery" period. The early-'60s folk boom brought blues artists of Hooker's generation back into vogue and gave them a new audience. For Hooker it was more than a chance to cash in on his reputation. He took the opportunity to pare his music down to its essential elements for a harder, more focused sound than that of his '50s band recordings.
Hooker's voice is deeper and richer, full of hard-earned wisdom, and his trenchant guitar accompaniment is all that's required for the delivery of these hard-hitting tunes. The bleakness of "T.B. Is Killing Me" and "This World" are offset by the randiness of "I Like to See You Walk" and the world of endless possibility presented in "I Got the Key to the Highway." The ability to balance the good and the bad in this manner is the earmark of a blues genius, a title Hooker undoubtedly deserves.
The Best of Blues Guitars - 20th Century Masters /... (CD)(3)
$8.34 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Ike & Tina Turner Golden Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Del Vikings 1956 Audition Tapes (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE