Michael Bloomfield Blues Gospel & Ragtime Guitar Instrumentals
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Michael Bloomfield ~ Don't Say That I Ain't Your Man: Essential Blues 1964-1969 ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Al Kooper / Michael Bloomfield ~ Fillmore East: The Lost Concert Tapes 12/13/68 ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Michael Bloomfield ~ From His Head to His Heart to His Hands (Box Set) (3-CD + DVD) ~ $53.70
- by Michael Bloomfield ~ If You Love These Blues, Play 'Em As You Please ~ $9.05
- by Al Kooper / Michael Bloomfield ~ Super Session ~ $6.02
- Released: November 16, 1993
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Shanachie
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Includes liner notes by Ed Ware.
Contains rare and previously unreleased material.
Personnel: Michael Bloomfield (vocals, guitar).
Liner Note Author: Ed Ward .
Author: Ed Ward .
Photographer: Norman Dayron.
A collection of outtakes from various Bloomfield sessions, this is necessarily an uneven package, and the title isn't quite accurate. In fact, it's something of a stretch to label Bloomfield's slide guitar version of a song by Carole Bayer Sager ("When I Need You") either blues, gospel, or ragtime. (It's an impressive performance, however).
The rest of the album does live up to its title; the ragtime stuff is the most revelatory, particularly the solo "Blake's Rag," which shows what a terrific acoustic player Bloomfield could be (as does the delicate and aptly titled "Hawaiian Guitar Waltz."). Highlight: a wonderfully sleazy version of Duke Ellington's "Mood Indigo."
Fillmore East: The Lost Concert Tapes 12/13/68 (CD)(40)
From His Head to His Heart to His Hands (Box Set) (3-CD +...
$53.70 Super Savings
If You Love These Blues, Play 'Em As You Please (CD)(11)
$9.05 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE