- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 20, 2008
- Originally Released: 1977
- Label: Severin
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: A Conversation With Quentin Tarantino And Enzo G. Castellari
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Ultimate DVD - 04/01/2008
3 stars out of 5 -- "It's a genuine seventies B-movie....[With] a super-cheesy amusement factor."
Cult favorites Fred Williamson (BLACK CAESER) and Bo Svenson (WALKING STAR) star in this Italian knock-off of THE DIRTY DOZEN. Arrested for crimes against the army, five World War II vets escape when their prison convoy is attacked by the Germans. Caught behind enemy lines, and not looking forward to serving prison sentences in their own countries, they decide to fight their way to neutral Switzerland. This zoom-happy exploitation pic later inspired Quentin Tarantino's long-gestating World War II project of the same name.
Description by Ryko Distribution:
INGLORIOUS BASTARDS is more than just the inspiration for Quentin Tarantino's long-rumored next movie; this 1978 international smash remains perhaps the biggest and most badass war movie in EuroCult history! Exploitation legends Fred ‘The Hammer' Williamson and Bo (WALKING TALL, KILL BILL) Svenson star as the leaders of a gang of condemned criminals who escape from an Allied prison camp with a plan to blast their way to the Swiss border, only to find themselves ‘volunteering' for a suicide mission deep inside Nazi occupied France.
Military (USA) |
World War II
- Additional cast: Michael Constantin, Debra Berger.
- A Film Concorde SrI Production.
- Copyright 1967 Neue Interna Film A.G.