How the Grinch Stole Christmas (50th Birthday Deluxe Edition)
Director: Chuck Jones
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Also released as:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 21, 2006
- Originally Released: 1966
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: This release also contains HORTON HEARS A WHO!
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound 2.0 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioned
- Additional Release Material:
- Interviews: "Songs in the Key of Grinch" - Albert Hague - Composer, Thurl Ravenscroft - Vocalist
- "Dr. Seuss and the Grinch - From Whoville to Hollywood. A Rapping, Rhyming Chronicle of the Original Book and This Beloved Adaptation"
- "TNT's HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS Special Edition Featurette with Phil Hartman
- Interactive Games: "Grinch Pencil Test"
- "Grinch Song Selections" - Song Selection
- Biographies: "Who's Who in Whoville"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Chuck Jones|
|Narrated by||Boris Karloff|
|Composition by||Albert Hague & Eugene Poddany|
|Story by||Dr. Seuss|
|Voice:||Thurl Ravenscroft, Hans Conried, June Foray & Hans Conreid|
With the talents of Chuck Jones, Boris Karloff, and Dr. Seuss combined, there was almost no way this could be anything but an instant classic. Watched regularly every holiday season and beloved by children and cynical adults alike, this animated gem is just that and more. Boris Karloff narrates and stars as the odious Mr. Grinch, the sinister green monster who plots to steal all the Christmas presents in the town of Whoville. All goes well with his dastardly plan until little Cindy Loo Who (who was no more than two) gums up the works with her innocent Christmas spirit. Jones directed, with Karloff supplying the sweetly sinister narration and voice of the Grinch. The story is from the book by Dr. Seuss. Thurl Ravenscroft (of "Tony the Tiger" breakfast commercial fame) provides the memorable bass singing voice for the tune "You're a Mean One, Mister Grinch." Filled with close attention to comic detail, memorable characterizations, and delightful wordplay, this is essential holiday viewing for the whole family.
The animation talent of Chuck Jones combined with the delightful prose of the great Dr. Seuss results in a Christmas cartoon classic that will make even the most resolute cynic warm to its sneaky holiday message. Horror icon Boris Karloff supplies the voice of the Grinch, who plans on spitefully ruining Christmas for the town of Whoville by stealing all the presents. It's great, mischievous fun plotting along with this diabolical humbug, and ultimately moving as he warms to the spirit of Christmas.
- Television premiere: December 23, 1966.
Christmas Classics - Jingle Bells / Twas The Night Before...
$5.64 Super Savings
Frosty the Snowman / Frosty Returns (Rankin & Bass)
$11.69 Super Savings
The Adventures of Aquaman - Complete Collection (2-DVD)
$24.98 on SALE
All-New Superfriends Hour - Season 1 - Volume 2 (2-DVD)
$21.65 Super Savings
Alvin and the Chipmunks Scare-riffic Double Feature: Meet... (DVD)
$10.83 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 688 ratings.
Based on 688 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Archies Christmas Album featuring Betty & Veronica (CD)
$10.33 Super Savings
March of the Wooden Soldiers (Includes Colorized and B&W... (DVD)
$3.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Pterodactyl Woman From Beverly Hills (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Brides of Blood (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE