John Lee Hooker Endless Boogie
|CYBER SALE:||$5.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 8, 1997
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: MCA Special Products
Rolling Stone - 4/29/71, p.44"...the end product is a double-album set of unadulterated Hooker portraits in blues..."
- 1.(I Got) A Good 'Un
- 2.House Rent Boogie
- 3.Kick Hit 4 Hit Kix U (Blues for Jimi and Janis)
- 4.Standin' at the Crossroads
- 5.Pots on, Gas on High
- 6.We Might as Well Call It Through (I Didn't Get Married to Your Two-Timi
- 7.Doin' the Shout
- 8.A Sheep Out on the Foam
- 9.I Don't Need No Steam Heat
- 10.Sittin' in My Dark Room
- 11.Endless Boogie, Pts. 27-28
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: John Lee Hooker (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars); Mel Brown (acoustic & electric guitars); Cliff Coulter (guitar, electric piano); Dan Alexander, Steve Miller, Jesse Ed Davis, Jerry Perez (guitar); Dave Berger (harmonica); Mark Naftalin (piano); John Turk (electric piano, organ); Gino Skaggs, Carl Radle (bass); Ken Swank (drums, tambourine); Billy Ingram, Jim Gordon, Reno Lanzara (drums).
Recorded at Wally Heider Recording, San Francisco, California on November 10-12, 1970.
Personnel: John Lee Hooker (vocals, guitar); Mel Brown (guitar, acoustic guitar); Mark Naftalin (guitar, piano); Gino Skaggs (guitar, fretless bass); Dan Alexander, Daniel Alexander, Jerry Perez, Stephen Miller , Jesse Ed Davis (guitar); Dave Berger (harmonica); John Turk, Clifford Coulter (electric piano); Carl Radle (bass guitar, fretless bass); Ken Swank (drums, tambourine); Billy Ingram, Reno Lanzara, Jim Gordon (drums).
Recording information: Wally Heider Recording, San Francisco, CA (11/10/1970-11/12/1970).
Unknown Contributor Role: John Turk.
ENDLESS BOOGIE features a host of session musicians including, interestingly enough, Steve Miller on six cuts. The variety and range these musicians add to Hooker's straight-up blues stylings makes for a textured and interesting combination. Hooker's tunes touch on the traditional themes: feeling down ("Sitting In My Dark Room"), getting a good woman ("I Got A Good 'Un"), money troubles ("House Rent Boogie") and standing at the crossroads ("Standing At The Crossroads"). Hooker's irresistibly gritty guitar and voice, combined with fine session work and the novelty of unusual elements like electric piano, makes this disc one of his best collaborative projects.
John Lee HookerLive at Soledad Prison / Never Get Out of These Blues Alive...
$15.95 CYBER SALE
The Best of Blues Guitars - 20th Century Masters /... (CD)
$3.99 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 17 ratings.
Based on 17 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 15,038
- UPC: 008811041328
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER SALE
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER SALE
- 2nd II None Classic 220 (CD-R) ~ $11.98 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac Best of 2Pac Pt. 1: Thug (CD) ~ $9.45 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac The Best of Pt. 1: Thug [Clean] (CD) ~ $6.44 CYBER SALE