- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: February 24, 2004
- Originally Released: 1963
- Label: Shanachie
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 12/01/2002
"...This brisk, entertaining caper is one of the few British comedies of its era that stands up to comparison with Ealin's finest. Seller excels as the London gangland boss Pearly..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
In this hilarious crime comedy, Peter Sellers stars as Pearly Gates, the cockney kingpin of London's most efficient gang of thieves, organizing spectacular robberies from behind the front of a haute-couture dress salon. Everything goes well until the police start appearing after every job to confiscate the loot. The astute Pearly realizes there's a traitor in his gang, and no one is above suspicion - not even his enticing girlfriend Valerie. The Wrong Arm Of The Law is a British comic gem.
All the London-based criminal gangs become so outraged by a rival Australian mob's total lack of ethics in hijacking them after the jobs they pull that they join forces with the police in a plan to run them down.
London, England |
Theatrical Release |
- E.M. Smedley-Aston is listed in some sources as sharing producing credit with Aubrey Baring; however, he is not listed in the beginning or end credits.
- Shot in London, England.
- Released theatrically in the USA March 14, 1963.