Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 27, 2012
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- DTS HD Master Audio - English
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 04/26/1996
"...With the same grace and discipline he displays in front of the camera, Jean-Claude Van Damme makes a socko directorial debut with THE QUEST, a martial arts adventure odyssey that's epic in scale and high in style..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 04/26/1996
"...In the arena of expertly choreographed man-to-man mayhem, Van Damme ranks among the champs..."
A kid from the mean streets of 1920's New York flees the police aboard a ship bound for the orient. Hijacked at sea, he is adopted by a rogueish pirate (Roger Moore) who sells him to a martial arts school on a remote island. There he is prepared to enter a global fighting challenge staged at the mystical, mysterious Lost City of Tibet.
When agile street thug Chris Dubois decides to take a trip around the world, he has no idea how extraordinary
his adventure will become. Dubois is first kidnapped and enslaved by gun runners, but fortunately, he is rescued by Dobbs, a pirate. Dobbs turns him over to Khao, Tibet's kickboxing master. Khao trains Dubois in the martial arts, with Dubois becoming so skilled, he enters the "Ghan-gheng," an ancient fighting tournament. Only the best combatants from around the globe can compete in the event, which reflects the various fighting styles of its multi-cultural participants. Chris finds that the Ghan-gheng tests him mentally, physically, and even morally. Does he have enough of what it takes to win it all'
High Seas |
Kidnapping And Missing Persons |
Martial Arts |
- Released theatrically in the USA April 26, 1996.
- Presented by MDP Worldwide.
- Color by DeLuxe; shot in Panavision widescreen, with DTS sound.
- Additional cast: Aki Aleong Khan (Khao).
- Additional credit: Kuladee (Gai) Suchatanont (set decorator).
- Copyright 1996 Universal City Studios, Inc. and Selima Films A.V.V.