- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 52 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 27, 2012
- Originally Released: 1963
- Label: Olive Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sinatra's a young bachelor-about-town who has it all - wall-to-wall girls, a kid brother who wants to be just like him, and a disapproving father. Based on Neil Simon's first Broadway hit. Academy Award Nominations: Best (Color) Art Direction-Set Decoration.
Alan, a cad of a bachelor from a middle-class family, lives the high life in a luxurious penthouse in Manhattan, with plenty of pretty girls at his disposal. His gaudy and extravagant lifestyle is a constant worry to his Old World Jewish parents. However, Alan has a close relationship with his younger brother Buddy, who comes to live with him. Soon Buddy learns exactly how Alan is able to maintain his expensive apartment and clothes habit.
Stage Play |
- Color by Technicolor. Shot in Panavision.
- Film acting debut for actor-turned-director Tony Bill.
- Dean Martin appears in an unbilled cameo bit.
- Additional cast: Phyllis McGuire (Mrs. Eckman), Herbie Fay (Walter), Romo Vincent (Barber), Charlotte Fletcher (Manicurist), and Greta Randall (Tall Girl).
- Molly Picon was a leading star of Yiddish theater and film. She is especially known for her gender-bending, comedic role in the 1936 film "Yiddle with a Fiddle."
- Produced by Essex-Tandem.