by Various Artists
Only 8 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$16.69 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.30 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: May 1, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: RCA
- 1.Be My Baby - The Ronettes
- 2.Big Girls Don't Cry - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
- 3.Merengue - Michael Lloyd & Le Disc
- 4.Trot The Fox - Michael Lloyd & Le Disc
- 5.Johnny's Mambo - Michael Lloyd & Le Disc
- 6.Time Of My Life, The (I've Had) - The John Morris Orchestra (instrumental)
- 7.Where Are You Tonight? - Tom Johnston
- 8.Do You Love Me - The Contours
- 9.Love Man - Otis Redding
- 10.Gazebo Waltz - Michael Lloyd
- 11.Stay - Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs
- 12.The SurfarisWipe Out
- 13.Hungry Eyes - Eric Carmen
- 14.Overload - Zappacosta
- 15.Hey Baby - Bruce Channel
- 16.De Todo Un Poco - Michael Lloyd & Le Disc
- 17.Some Kind Of Wonderful - The Drifters
- 18.These Arms Of Mine - Otis Redding
- 19.Cry To Me - Solomon Burke (previously unreleased)
- 20.Will You Love Me Tomorrow - The Shirelles
- 21.Love Is Strange - Mickey & Sylvia
- 22.You Don't Own Me - Blow Monkeys
- 23.Yes - Merry Clayton
- 24.In The Still Of The Night - The Five Satins
- 25.She's Like The Wind - Patrick Swayze
- 26.Kellerman's Anthem - The Emile Bergstein Chorale
- 27.Time Of My Life, The (I've Had) - The John Morris Orchestra (instrumental)
Contains both DIRTY DANCING and MORE DIRTY DANCING.
Digitally remastered by Michael Fuller (1999, Fullersound, Miami, Florida).
Audio Remasterers: Joseph M. Palmaccio; Mark Wilder.
Audio Remixers: George Sipl; Dan Nebenzal; Jim DeMain; Jimmy Ienner; Michael Lloyd ; Carmine Rubino.
Recording information: Beachwood Recording Studios, Beachwood, OH; Michael Lloyd Studio, Los Angeles, CA; Studio In The Country, Bogolusa, LA; The Village Recorder, Los Angeles, CA; Town House III Studio, London, England; Wellsley Sound Studios, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Author: Jimmy Ienner.
Arrangers: Gene Page; John d'Andrea; Michael Lloyd .
Dirty Dancing was a late-'80s phenomenon that will not die. The movie was a smash and the soundtrack was too, spawning several hit singles as well as causing a lot of overdue interest in some great oldies. The Legacy edition of Dirty Dancing is a remastered, resequenced, and redesigned revisitation of the soundtrack and the music from the film. In fact, the disc presents all the songs that appeared in the movie in the order that they appeared and includes a handful of songs from the film's score. The music is a blend of '60s classics like the always wonderful "Be My Baby" by the Ronettes, "Cry to Me" by Solomon Burke, and "Love Is Strange" by Mickey & Sylvia and emotional '80s tunes from Eric Carmen, Tom Johnston, the film's leading man Patrick Swayze, and of course Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes, whose "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" was a mega-hit that was everywhere in the late '80s. The songs from the score are from the dance instruction scenes at the beginning of the movie, and while they aren't much to listen to, they do help the flow of the soundtrack. Anyone who loved the film and the soundtrack will love this disc as well. [The Legacy edition includes a bonus DVD featuring five videos from the film.] ~ Tim Sendra
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 316 ratings.
Based on 316 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE