by Various Artists
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: May 1, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: RCA
- 1.Be My Baby - The Ronettes
- 2.Big Girls Don't Cry - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
- 3.Merengue - Michael Lloyd & Le Disc
- 4.Trot The Fox - Michael Lloyd & Le Disc
- 5.Johnny's Mambo - Michael Lloyd & Le Disc
- 6.Time Of My Life, The (I've Had) - The John Morris Orchestra (instrumental)
- 7.Where Are You Tonight? - Tom Johnston
- 8.Do You Love Me - The Contours
- 9.Love Man - Otis Redding
- 10.Gazebo Waltz - Michael Lloyd
- 11.Stay - Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs
- 12.The SurfarisWipe Out
- 13.Hungry Eyes - Eric Carmen
- 14.Overload - Zappacosta
- 15.Hey Baby - Bruce Channel
- 16.De Todo Un Poco - Michael Lloyd & Le Disc
- 17.Some Kind Of Wonderful - The Drifters
- 18.These Arms Of Mine - Otis Redding
- 19.Cry To Me - Solomon Burke (previously unreleased)
- 20.Will You Love Me Tomorrow - The Shirelles
- 21.Love Is Strange - Mickey & Sylvia
- 22.You Don't Own Me - Blow Monkeys
- 23.Yes - Merry Clayton
- 24.In The Still Of The Night - The Five Satins
- 25.She's Like The Wind - Patrick Swayze
- 26.Kellerman's Anthem - The Emile Bergstein Chorale
- 27.Time Of My Life, The (I've Had) - The John Morris Orchestra (instrumental)
Contains both DIRTY DANCING and MORE DIRTY DANCING.
Digitally remastered by Michael Fuller (1999, Fullersound, Miami, Florida).
Audio Remasterers: Joseph M. Palmaccio; Mark Wilder.
Audio Remixers: George Sipl; Dan Nebenzal; Jim DeMain; Jimmy Ienner; Michael J. Lloyd ; Carmine Rubino.
Recording information: Beachwood Recording Studios, Beachwood, OH; Michael Lloyd Studio, Los Angeles, CA; Studio In The Country, Bogolusa, LA; The Village Recorder, Los Angeles, CA; Town House III Studio, London, England; Wellsley Sound Studios, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Author: Jimmy Ienner.
Arrangers: Gene Page; John d'Andrea; Michael J. Lloyd .
Dirty Dancing was a late-'80s phenomenon that will not die. The movie was a smash and the soundtrack was too, spawning several hit singles as well as causing a lot of overdue interest in some great oldies. The Legacy edition of Dirty Dancing is a remastered, resequenced, and redesigned revisitation of the soundtrack and the music from the film. In fact, the disc presents all the songs that appeared in the movie in the order that they appeared and includes a handful of songs from the film's score. The music is a blend of '60s classics like the always wonderful "Be My Baby" by the Ronettes, "Cry to Me" by Solomon Burke, and "Love Is Strange" by Mickey & Sylvia and emotional '80s tunes from Eric Carmen, Tom Johnston, the film's leading man Patrick Swayze, and of course Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes, whose "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" was a mega-hit that was everywhere in the late '80s. The songs from the score are from the dance instruction scenes at the beginning of the movie, and while they aren't much to listen to, they do help the flow of the soundtrack. Anyone who loved the film and the soundtrack will love this disc as well. [The Legacy edition includes a bonus DVD featuring five videos from the film.] ~ Tim Sendra
Dirty Dancing (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
$6.47 Super Savings
Guardians Of The Galaxy: Awesome Mix, Volume 1 (CD)
$10.33 Super Savings
Plan 9 From Outer Space - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD)
$7.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 316 ratings.
Based on 316 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
It's Hard But It's Fair: King Hits and Rarities (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings