Waylon Jennings Never Say Die: The Final Concert Film (Live) (2-CD)
|You Save:||$3 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: July 24, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: RCA
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Never Say Die
- 2.Good Hearted Woman / Mama's Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys
- 3.Trouble Man - (previously unreleased)
- 4.Meldey: Amanda / A Couple More Years
- 5.Waymore's Blues
- 6.It's the World's Gone Crazy (Cotillion) - (previously unreleased)
- 7.Love's the Only Chain - (previously unreleased)
- 8.I'm Not Lisa
- 9.Storms Never Last
- 10.Suspicious Minds - (previously unreleased)
- 11.Closing in on the Fire
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.I'm a Ramblin' Man
- 2.Help Me Make It Through the Night - (previously unreleased)
- 3.Havin' a Good Time - (previously unreleased)
- 4.Shakin' the Blues - (previously unreleased)
- 5.Nothing Catches Jesus by Surprise
- 6.Never Been to Spain
- 7.Drift Away
- 8.I've Always Been Crazy
- 9.Goin' Down Rockin'
- 10.Weight, The - (previously unreleased)
- 11.Can't You See
Waylon Jennings: Waylon Jennings (electric guitar); Carter Robertson (vocals); Reggie Young (guitar); Robby Turner, Rance Wasson (acoustic guitar); Jenny Lynn (cello); Jim Horn (alto saxophone); Steve Herman (trumpet); Charles Robertson (trombone); Barny Robertson (keyboards); Jerry Bridges (bass guitar); Ritchie Albright (drums).
Additional personnel: Jessi Colter (piano); John Anderson, Montgomery Gentry, Travis Tritt.
Talk about not going gently into that good night. Waylon chooses the ultimate perch of conservative Nashville--the Ryman Auditorium--for the live swan song to his career as country's definitive outlaw. Despite his age and failing health, his booming baritone of a voice is in exceptional form here, and carries this riveting live document. Originally a rock-&-roll drummer, Jennings's proclivities were always to push country as far into rock-&-roll territory as possible, and here--with Elvis covers, an 11-piece band with horn section, and a bad attitude--he does just that.
The two-disc set includes the entire two-hour concert and features special guests such as Travis Tritt and Jennings's longtime companion, Jessi Colter, who duets with him on a killer version of "Suspicious Minds." Other highlights are a plaintive "Help Me Make It Through the Night," and the thematic pieces "Never Say Die" and "Goin' Down Rockin'." Despite the lighter fare, such as the pop misfire "Never Been to Spain," Jennings makes the most of his final show by going out rocking, and for a man who legendarily played every show like it was his last, it is a fitting conclusion.
(Note: A DVD featuring behind-the-scenes rehearsals and interviews with heavyweights Kris Kristofferson, Bobby Bare, and Willie Nelson is also included.)
Waylon JenningsLive from Austin TX: Austin City Limits '84 (2-CD)
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$16.98 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 32 ratings.
Based on 32 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- The 5 Browns 5 Browns (CD) ~ $8.29
- The 5 Browns 5 Stars - Favorites From The 5 Browns (CD) ~ $9.18
- The 5 Browns Browns In Blue (CD) ~ $9.18
- The 5 Browns No Boundaries (CD) ~ $9.71
- A$ap Ferg Always Strive and Prosper (CD) ~ $10.78
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- George Jones / Tammy Wynette Golden Ring / Near You (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- The Browns Complete As & Bs and More 1954 - 62 (CD) ~ $14.22 LABOR DAY