Waylon Jennings The Essential (2-CD)
Only 6 copies left
|You Save:||$1.13 (8% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 24, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: RCA
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Big Mamou
- 2.That's the Chance I'll Have to Take
- 3.Stop the World (And Let Me Off)
- 4.Anita, You're Dreaming
- 5.(That's What You Get) For Lovin' Me
- 6.The Chokin' Kind
- 7.Only Daddy That'll Walk the Line
- 8.Just to Satisfy You
- 9.Cedartown, Georgia
- 10.The Talker
- 11.Lovin' Her Was Easier (Than Anything I'll Ever Do Again)
- 12.Sweet Dream Woman
- 13.Ladies Love Outlaws
- 14.Lonesome, On'ry and Mean
- 15.Freedom to Stay
- 16.Pretend I Never Happened
- 17.You Can Have Her
- 18.We Had It All
- 19.Honky Tonk Heroes
- 20.You Ask Me To
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.This Time
- 2.It's Not Supposed to Be That Way
- 3.I'm a Ramblin' Man
- 4.Rainy Day Woman
- 6.Bob Wills Is Still the King
- 7.Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way
- 8.Waymore's Blues
- 9.Dreaming My Dreams With You
- 10.Good Hearted Woman
- 11.Are You Ready For the Country
- 12.Luckenbach, Texas (Back to the Basics of Love)
- 13.Wurlitzer Prize, The (I Don't Want to Get Over You)
- 14.Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow up to Be Cowboys
- 15.I've Always Been Crazy
- 16.A Long Time Ago
- 17.Don't You Think This Outlaw Bit's Done Got Out of Hand
- 18.I Ain't Living Long Like This
- 19.Theme From the Dukes of Hazzard (Good Ol' Boys)
- 20.Storms Never Last
- 21.Drinkin' and Dreamin'
- 22.Rose in Paradise
Personnel: Waylon Jennings (vocals, guitar); Gordon Payne (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Mary Holladay, Dolores Edgin, June Page, Temple Riser, Dorothy Dillard, E. Duane West, Priscilla Hubbard, Bob Tebow, Raymond Walker, Kay Klinger, Laverna Moore, Hugh Stoker, Kay Klinger, Ronald Drake, Gary Paxton, Gary S. Paxton, Gene Merlino, Vangie Carmichael, Ginger Holladay, William "Billy" Brown, Dottie DeLeonibus, William Brown , Ernest West, Priscilla Ann Hubbard, Anita Kerr, Sharon Vaughn, Stan Farber, William Wright, Becky Williams, Neal Matthews, Carter Robertson, Louis Dean Nunley, Hoyt Hawkins, Lea Jane Berinati (vocals); Gary Scruggs (guitar, harmonica); Jerry Bridges, Joe Allen, Paul Foster (guitar, bass guitar); Chip Young, Chips Moman, James Colvard, Billy Joe Walker, Jr., David Carroll Kirby, Larry Whitmore, Carl Gay, Eddie Hinton, Jimmy Gray, Fred Carter, Fred Carter, Jr., John Leslie Hug, John "Bucky" Wilkin, Jim Colvard, Jerry Gropp, Jerry Reed, Jimmy Capps, John Hug, Johnny Christopher, Johnny Gimble, Larry Byrom, Randy Scruggs, Ray Edenton, Reggie Young , Sonny Curtis, Wayne Moss, Willie Nelson, Fred Newell, Billy Ray Reynolds, Rance Wasson, Dale Sellers, Fletcher Watson, Bobby Thompson (guitar); Ralph Mooney (steel guitar, dobro); Pete Drake (steel guitar); Sheldon Kurland, Lennie Haight, Lawrence Herzberg, Martin Katahn, Steven Maxwell Smith, Lawrence Herzberg, Stephanie Woolf, Steven Smith, George Binkley III, Carl Gorodetzky, Brenton Banks (violin); Tommy Jackson, Tommy Williams , Buddy Spicher (fiddle); Marvin Chantry, Gary VanOsdale (viola); Martha McCrory, David Vanderkooi, Roy Christensen, Byron Bach (cello); Charlie McCoy (harmonica, bass guitar); Don Brooks, Roger Crabtree (harmonica); Jim Gordon (saxophone); Don Sheffield, Kyle Lehning, William Joor, Mack Johnson, George Tidwell (trumpet); Maurice Spears (trombone); Ray Stevens (piano, organ, vibraphone); Dee Moeller, Jessi Colter (piano, organ); Barny Robertson (piano, keyboards); John Jarvis (piano, synthesizer); Bunky Keels, Floyd Cramer, Glen D. Hardin, David Briggs , Hargus "Pig" Robbins, Charles Cochran (piano); Larry Butler , Andy McMahon (organ); Jim Haber (keyboards); Richard Morris (marimba); Henry Strezelecki, Don Smith , Duke Goff, Lee Miller, Leon Rhodes, Norbert Putnam, Roy Huskey, Bee Spears, Joe Osborn, Sherman Hayes, Bob Moore , Bobby Dyson (bass guitar); Dan Mustoe, D.J. Fontana, Will Ackerman, John Guerin, Kenny Buttrey, Larrie Londin, Matt Betton, Ritchie Albright, Jerry Carrigan, Willie Ackerman, Buddy Harman (drums).
Additional personnel: Jessi Colter, Willie Nelson (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Johnny Whiteside.
Recording information: American Studios, Nashville, TN (12/03/1964-09/20/1986); Audio Recorders, Phoenix, AZ (12/03/1964-09/20/1986); Cartee 3 Studios, Nashville, TN (12/03/1964-09/20/1986); Clement Studios, Nashville, TN (12/03/1964-09/20/1986); Glaser Sound Studios, Nashville, TN (12/03/1964-09/20/1986); Ground Star Studios, Nashville, TN (12/03/1964-09/20/1986); Jack Clement Studios, Nashville, TN (12/03/1964-09/20/1986); RCA Studios, Hollywood, CA (12/03/1964-09/20/1986); RCA Studios, Nashville, TN (12/03/1964-09/20/1986); Sound Labs Studios, Hollywood, CA (12/03/1964-09/20/1986); Western Place, Dallas, TX (12/03/1964-09/20/1986).
Photographers: Raeanne Rubenstein; Charlyn Zlotnik; Michael Putland; Alan Messer.
Arrangers: Glen Spreen; Bergen White.
The pride of Littlefield, Texas, Waylon Jennings was a member of Buddy Holly and the Crickets during the fateful 1959 tour that ended with Holly's death in a plane crash. But by the early 1970s, the ferociously talented and mercurial singer-songwriter had completely erased his early status as a rock-&-roll footnote. Almost singlehandedly inventing the entire genre of outlaw country alongside his friend Willie Nelson, Jennings's '70s and '80s material sounds as fresh on THE ESSENTIAL WAYLON JENNINGS as it did at the time of its release. Country rockers like "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way" and gentler ballads like his duet with wife Jessi Colter, "Storms Never Last," showcase both sides of Jennings's career, while "Good Ol' Boys," the theme to the TV series THE DUKES OF HAZZARD, remains probably his best-known song.
Waylon JenningsNever Say Die: The Final Concert Film (Live) (2-CD)
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- The 5 Browns 5 Browns (CD) ~ $14.28
- The 5 Browns 5 Stars - Favorites From The 5 Browns (CD) ~ $9.18
- The 5 Browns Browns In Blue (CD) ~ $9.18
- The 5 Browns No Boundaries (CD) ~ $9.71
- A$ap Ferg Always Strive and Prosper (CD) ~ $10.78
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Various Artists Country Roots (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Buy For Me The Rain / Dance Little Jean (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE