Foo Fighters Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
|You Save:||$0.28 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 25, 2007
- Label: RCA
Rolling Stone - p.116Included in Rolling Stone's "50 Top Albums of the Year 2007" -- "[T]he Foo Fighters deliver winners..."
Spin - p.1223 stars out of 5 -- "Grohl has been a model of steady efficiency....'Summer's End' is a breezy blast of California country rock..."
Entertainment Weekly - p.104"Like the greats, the Foos have found a way to create their own archetype, with an instinctive feel for what constitutes a killer song." -- Grade: A
Q - p.874 stars out of 5 -- "Each of these tracks makes the case for Foo Fighters' horizons successfully expanding....Similarly, there's a sophistication to the arrangements here, musical and vocal, not previously hinted at."
Uncut - p.883 stars out of 5 -- "[T]he excellent 'Summer's End' is easy on the ear, easier still on the brain..."
Kerrang (Magazine) - p.46"[T]he Foo Fighters have managed to recapture the magic ingredient which magical music really needs -- the art of sounding effortless."
Q (Magazine) - p.84Ranked #12 in Q's "The 50 Best Albums Of 2007" -- "[A] big, brash effort that hollered all the way back to the cheap seats without sacrificing its humanity."
- 1.The Pretender
- 2.Let It Die
- 3.Erase / Replace
- 4.Long Road to Ruin
- 5.Come Alive
- 6.Stranger Things Have Happened
- 7.Cheer Up, Boys (Your Make Up Is Running)
- 8.Summer's End
- 9.Ballad of the Beaconsfield Miners
- 11.But, Honestly
Foo Fighters: Dave Grohl, Nate Mendel, Taylor Hawkins.
Personnel: Kaki King, Pat Smear (guitar); Rami Jaffee (accordion, keyboards); Taylor Hawkins (piano, background vocals); Dave Grohl (piano); Drew Hester (percussion).
Additional personnel: Brantley Kearns Jr. (fiddle); Chris Shiflett, Kaki King, Pat Smear, Rami Jaffee, Drew Hester.
Audio Mixer: Rich Costey.
Recording information: Studio 606, Northridge, CA.
Photographers: Laura Kleinhenz; Ben Watts.
ECHOES, SILENCE, PATIENCE & GRACE, the Foo Fighters' sixth effort, upholds the band's allegiance to melody-heavy post-grunge power pop driven by roaring guitars and Dave Grohl's fine songwriting. The Foos are aided by super-producer Gil Norton this time out (Norton also helped craft the group's second, and arguably best, album, THE COLOR AND THE SHAPE). The result is a polished yet powerful outing that proves the Foos have earned their status as one of alternative rock's most reliable acts.
But while tunes like "The Pretender" pack a hard-rock wallop, the real surprises on ECHOES are the softer songs. The breezy, folky "Summer's End," for example, is a standout, as is Grohl's solo acoustic performance on "Stranger Things Have Happened." This isn't to say the Foo Fighters have mellowed--the album contains as much amplified snarl as any of their others--but here the quieter moments rival the rockers, revealing a band whose intimate, earnest moments are as convincing as their head-banging ones.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 135 ratings.
Based on 135 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~
$8.48 Super Savings
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Pat Benatar The Best of Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Soft Rock 70'S (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE