- Released: May 20, 2008
- Label: Crammed Disc Us
Urban Latino (1/99, p.85) - 3 out of 4 - "...classic Carioca tracks....authentic party noise samples, lazy horns, and a driving back beat....you can't help but groove to it's intergalactic, robotic Funk..."
New Music Monthly (7/99, p.46) - "...a record that reworks classic tracks....Thanks to [Roberto Menescal's] archive, the young Menescal and his gang have some real treasures to work with..."
- 1.Maria Moita - (with Carlos Lyra)
- 2.Meditacao - (with Wanda Sa)
- 3.Vai De Vez - (with Astrid)
- 4.Berimbau - (with Os Cariocas)
- 5.Influencia Do Jazz - (with Carlos Lyra)
- 6.Se Todos Fossem - (with Cris Delanno)
- 7.So Danco Samba - (with Os Cariocas)
- 8.Samba De Uma Nota So - (with Claudia Telles)
- 9.Consolacao - (with Sylvio Cesar)
- 10.O Barquinho - (with Roberto Menescal)
- 11.Vai De Vez - (with Astrid)
Producers: Alexandre Moreira, Marcelinho Dalua, Marcio Menescal.
This is part of The Six Degrees Travel Series.
Young and old bossa nova musicians meet in the middle on this engaging attempt to embrace the familiar tunes through the miracle of modern technology -- in other words, they've been doctored by three young DJs: Alexandre Moreira, DJ Marcelinho DaLua and M rcio Menescal (son of original bossa nova musician Roberto Menescal). Revisited Classics includes originals by bossa lynchpins like Carlos Lyra and Os Cariocas are given the cuca treatment, which means sampling and beats have been added or gentle new vocals, like those of Cris Delanno and Astrid, who put their spin on the old numbers. It's an interesting idea, though not always fresh as it sounds; at is worst it's like warmed-over dinner jazz. ~ Denise Sullivan