James Brown The Singles, Volume 3: 1964-1965 (2-CD)
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
|You Save:||$3 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: August 7, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Hip-O Select
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Please, Please, Please
- 2.In the Wee Wee Hours (Of the Nite)
- 4.How Long Darling
- 7.The Things That I Used to Do
- 8.Out of the Blue
- 9.So Long
- 10.Dancin' Little Thing
- 11.Soul Food, Pt. 1
- 12.Soul Food, Pt. 2
- 13.Out of Sight
- 14.Maybe the Last Time
- 15.Tell Me What You're Gonna Do
- 16.I Don't Care
- 18.Try Me
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Have Mercy Baby
- 2.Just Won't Do Right (I Stay in the Chapel Every Night)
- 3.Fine Old Foxy Self
- 4.Medley: I Found Someone / Why Do You Do Me / I Want You So Bad: I Found Someone / Why Do You Do Me / I Want You So Bad
- 5.This Old Heart
- 6.It Was You
- 7.Devil's Hideaway
- 8.Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
- 9.I Got You - (previously unreleased)
- 10.Only You - (previously unreleased)
- 11.Papa's Got a Brand New Bag, Pt. 1
- 12.Papa's Got a Brand New Bag, Pt. 2
- 13.Try Me
- 14.Papa's Got a Brand New Bag
- 15.I Got You (I Feel Good)
- 16.I Can't Help It (I Just Do-Do-Do)
- 17.Lost Someone
- 18.I'll Go Crazy
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: James Brown (vocals, piano, organ); Al "Brisco" Clark (vocals, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone); Bobby Byrd (vocals, piano, organ, background vocals); Wallace Richardson, Alphonso "Country" Kellum, Eddie Freeman, Nafloyd Scott, Les Buie, Jimmy Nolen, Kenny Burrell (guitar); Mac Cephas (violin); Al Brown (viola); Kermit Moore (cello); Al Corley, Nat Jones, George Dorsey (alto saxophone); Eldee Williams, Cleveland Lowe, Ray Felder, J.C. Davis , Seldon Powell, St. Clair Pinckney (tenor saxophone); Charles Carr, Haywood Henry (baritone saxophone); Levi Rasbury, Joe Dupars, Robert Knight , Dud Bascomb, Johnny Grimes , Roosevelt Paul Brown, Lewis Hamlin, Roscoe Patrick, Teddy Washington, Mack Johnson, Ron Tooley (trumpet); Dicky Wells, Wilmer Milton (trombone); Alvin "Fats" Gonder, Ernie Hayes (piano, organ); Louis Madison (piano, background vocals); Sonny Thompson (piano); Panama Francis (drums, timpani); Melvin Parker, Clayton Fillyua, Clayton Fillyau, Edison Gore, Nat Kendrick, Reginald Hall (drums); Nashpendle Knox, Bill Hollings, Sylvester Keels, Maretha Stewart, Johnny Terry, Bobby Bennett (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Alan Leeds.
Recording information: Arthur Smith Studios, Charlotte, NC (02/04/1956-09/10/1965); Bell Sound, New York, NY (02/04/1956-09/10/1965); Beltone Studios, New York, NY (02/04/1956-09/10/1965); Criteria Studios, Miami, FL (02/04/1956-09/10/1965); Dukoff Studios, Miami, FL (02/04/1956-09/10/1965); King Studios, Cincinnati, OH (02/04/1956-09/10/1965); Master Recorders, Los Angeles, CA (02/04/1956-09/10/1965); Rodel Studios, Washington DC (02/04/1956-09/10/1965); The Apollo, New York, NY (02/04/1956-09/10/1965); United Studios, Hollywood, CA (02/04/1956-09/10/1965); Universal Studios, Chicago, IL (02/04/1956-09/10/1965).
Arrangers: James Brown; Nat Jones; Sammy Lowe.
Hip-O Selects' James Brown THE SINGLES series is a dream come true for record collectors and Brown fanatics. The series collects Mr. Dynamite's singles in the order in which they were issued, providing a historical chronology of the sequence of 45s.
VOLUME 3: 1964-1965 finds Brown at a crossroads in his career. About to leave behind classic soul (as captured on Volumes 1 and 2), Brown experimented with blues and other styles, before discovering the funkier edge he'd pioneer on singles like "I Got You" and "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag" (which appear toward the end of the second disc). Brown also had label disputes during this time, so the set includes versions of classics like "Try Me" and "Maybe the Last Time" from competing labels.
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE
WDAS 105.3FM - Soulful Christmas, Volumes 1 & 2 (2-CD Box...(4)
$19.98 on SALE
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE