- Vintage Musical Shorts
- Theatrical Trailer
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 20, 2006
- Originally Released: 1933
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 1.0 Mono English, French
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Plane Nuts - Ted Healy And The Three Stooges (1933)
- Roast Beef - With Curly Howard (1934)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
A Broadway chorine (Joan Crawford) needs a little help with her hoofing, so her dance director (Clark Gable) gets an idea. A good idea. "Do you feel like going through that opening number with Mr. Astaire?" And Fred Astaire, making his screen debut, shows the lady how it's done.
Three film icons give the backstage musical a jolt of superstar electricity in a song-, dance-, and romance-filled extravaganza featuring support by Nelson Eddy, Robert Benchley and The Three Stooges and tunes by Rodgers and Hart, Burton Lane, Dorothy Fields and more musical greats. Gable and Crawford had such stellar chemistry that MGM teamed them for eight movies. Here, as always, they have street-smart glamour and charisma to burn. Add Astaire's sophistication and Dancing Lady can take a well-deserved bow.
Crawford and Gable star in the story of a young burlesque dancer seeking stardom on Broadway while being romanced by two boyfriends. Mostly noted as the screen debuts of Astaire and Eddy (it even features a hilarious early appearance by the Three Stooges!). Includes songs by Burton Lane and Rodgers and Hart -- one even sung by Clark.
Comedy Teams |
Love Story |
Love Triangle |
Love Triangles |
Musical Sequences |
- Screen debuts for both Fred Astaire and Nelson Eddy.
- Additional cast: Gloria Foy (Vivian Warner) and Maynard Holmes (Bradley, Jr.).