- Released: June 5, 2007
- Label: Fuel 2000
- 1.Baby Please Don't Go
- 2.In The Evening (When The Sun Goes Down)
- 3.St. Louis Blues
- 4.Feelin' Lowdown
- 5.See See Rider
- 6.All I Got Belongs To You
- 7.Ridin' On Down
- 8.Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen
- 9.I Got Up One Mornin' Blues
- 10.Treat Everybody Right
- 11.Down By The Riverside
- 12.Black, Brown And White
- 13.This Train (Bound For Glory)
- 14.Midnight Special
- 15.I Get The Blues When It Rains
- 16.In The Evening (When The Sun Goes Down)
Liner Note Author: Bill Dahl.
Chicago blues legend Big Bill Broonzy began his recording career during the Depression era, and was one of the first blues musicians to use a full backing band and electric instruments, although acoustic guitar was his forte. He died too young, in 1958, but left a prodigious amount of original songs and recordings.
This "introduction" gathers over a dozen tracks (remastered from original recordings) from various points in his career, starting with the yearning "Baby Please Don't Go" and continuing with chestnuts like "St. Louis Blues," "Down by the Riverside," and Leroy Carr's transcendent "In The Evening (When the Sun Goes Down)."