Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 14, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Ranwood Records
- 1.I'll Be Home For Christmas - Curt Ramsey's Champagne Quintet
- 2.Silver Bells - Norma Zimmer
- 3.It Came Upon A Midnight Clear - Lawrence Welk
- 4.Winter Wonderland - The Lennon Sisters
- 5.Silent Night - Lawrence Welk
- 6.What Child Is This - Ralna English
- 7.Little Drummer Boy - The Lennon Sisters
- 8.First Noel - Lawrence Welk
- 9.It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas - Dick Dale
- 10.Sleigh Ride - Myron Floren
- 11.Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Jo Anne Castle
- 12.Holly Jolly Christmas - Clay Hart
- 13.Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer - Lawrence Welk
- 14.Christmas In Killarney - Joe Feeney
- 15.Christmas Island - The Lennon Sisters
- 16.Good King Wenceslas - Lawrence Welk
Personnel includes: Lawrence Welk, Norma Zimmer, Jimmy Roberts, Ralna English, The Lennon Sisters, Myron Foren.
The sound and overall vibe of Lawrence Welk's Christmas Memories will be familiar to fans of the famous bandleader's milquetoast variety program. Viewed through a furious, sideways eggnog hangover, the show seemed to take place in a bizarre antireality, populated by stuffed tuxedo ruffle shirts and more taffeta than an explosion at a McCall Patterns factory. It was like a WASP Def Comedy Jam. With a few swooning numbers from the Lawrence Welk Orchestra leading the merry way, Christmas Memories runs through the usual standards, and features contributions from numerous Welk ringers. The Lennon Sisters' pristine harmonies work wonders with an understated "The Little Drummer Boy" and warm things up with the cheery cocktail lounge favorite "Christmas Island." The biggest Grinch in the world will have to say "Aw, shucks" when the smiling quartet sings "How'd you like to stay up late/Like the islanders do/Wait for Santa to sail in with your presents in a canoe." Other highlights include a jaunty instrumental take on "Sleigh Ride" led by Welk show accordion virtuoso Myron Floren (arriving complete with hokey hoof effects, fluttering flutes, and jangling sleigh bells); a countrypolitan "Holly Jolly Christmas" from Clay Hart ("Y'all have a good Christmas now, y'hear?"); and everyone's favorite Emerald Isle singalong, "Christmas in Killarney." Christmas Memories is typical of the budget holiday fare that floods the market each Christmas. But it's also a trip down memory lane for anyone who's ever been transfixed by the grimacing white-bread kookiness of The Lawrence Welk Show. ~ Johnny Loftus
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Thanks For The Memories - A Special Holiday Ed. (CD)(2)
99¢ on SALE