- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 20, 2012
- Originally Released: 1933
- Label: Inception
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: A new essay by film historian and critic Scott Eyman
- A new high definition transfer from 35 mm film elements
- A still gallery
- A commentary track by Frank Capra, Jr.
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 10/12/1990
"...Frank Capra's best-picture Oscar nominee is arguably the best Damon Runyon on film..."
Story of a soft-hearted gangster who organizes his entire gang of thugs to help transform an elderly, rather seedy apple vendor into a perfect society lady. This treatment of a Damon Runyon story was, next to "It's a Wonderful Life," Capra's favorite among his own films. Academy Award Nominations: 4, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress--May Robson and Best Adapted Screenplay.
Annie, a frumpy apple vendor, is given a makeover by a shady criminal. This is for the benefit of Annie's daughter -- who believes that her mother is a member of the upper-class...
- "Pocketful of Miracles" is the 1961 remake of this film, also directed by Frank Capra.