Joe Cocker With a Little Help From My Friends
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6.74 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.24 (39% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 5, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Interscope Records
Q - 7/00, p.1304 stars out of 5 - "...Good...establishing the formula with some majestic blue-eyed soul that swaggers all the way from 'Just Like A Woman' to an unlikely 'Bye Bye Blackbird'.... Reappraisal is long overdue. Now remastered, here's the ideal opportunity.""
- 1.Feeling Alright
- 2.Bye Bye Blackbird
- 3.Change in Louise
- 5.Just Like A Woman
- 6.Do I Still Figure In Your Life?
- 7.Sandpaper Cadillac
- 8.Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
- 9.With A Little Help From My Friends
- 10.I Shall Be Released
- 11.New Age Of Lily, The - (bonus track)
- 12.Something's Coming On - (bonus track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Joe Cocker (vocals); David Cohen, Tony Visconti, Jimmy Page, Henry McCullough, Albert Lee (guitar); Chris Stainton (piano, organ, bass); Tommy Eyre (piano, organ); Artie Butler (piano); Matthew Fisher, Steve Winwood (organ); Carol Kaye (bass); Paul Humphries, Clem Cattini, Mike Kelly, B.J. Wilson, Kenny (drums); Brenda Holloway, Merry Clayton, Madeline Bell, Sunny Hightower, Rosetta Hightower, Su Wheetman, Sunny Wheetman (background vocals).
Producer: Denny Cordell.
Reissue producer: Bill Levenson.
Principally recorded at Olympic and Trident Studios, London, England in 1968.
Originally released on A&M Records (3109).
Includes liner notes by J.P. Bean.
Personnel: Joe Cocker (vocals); Sunny Wheetman, Madeline Bell, Merry Clayton, Patrice Holloway, Sunny Leslie, Sue Glover, Rosetta Hightower, Brenda Holloway (vocals); David Cohen, Henry McCullough, Jimmy Page, Albert Lee , Tony Visconti (guitar); Chris Stainton (piano, organ, keyboards); Artie Butler (piano); Matthew Fisher (organ); Steve Winwood, Tommy Eyre (keyboards); Paul Humphries, Kenny Slade, Mike Kellie, Paul Humphrey , B.J. Wilson, Clem Cattini (drums); Laudir DeOliveira (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Tony Visconti.
Joe Cocker's debut built on the promise of the title track, a hit single the previous year, which had introduced the world to the singer's astonishing blues rasp of a voice and remains to this day one of the finest Beatles cover versions committed to vinyl. The vocal pyrotechnics of that song are muted on the rest of the album, with Cocker demonstrating his fine handling of more subtle material such as Bob Dylan's "Just Like A Woman" and "I Shall Be Released." Backed by his own seasoned Grease Band and session players Jimmy Page and Steve Winwood, Cocker sings with a soulful intensity that shone all too briefly during his wayward career.
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection (CD)
$3.99 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 22 ratings.
Based on 22 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- "The Sound Of..." Series Tropical Rainforest (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Jay & The Americans Playlist: The Very Best Of Jay & The Americans (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE