Duane Allman An Anthology, Volume 2 (2-CD)
|You Save:||$1.88 (9% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Duane Allman ~ An Anthology (2-CD) ~ $18.07
by The Allman Brothers ~ Idlewild South $11.64
by The Allman Brothers ~ Live at Ludlow Garage 1970 (2-CD) $7.71
by The Allman Brothers ~ Live At The Atlanta International Pop Festival (2-CD) $15.89
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 25, 1990
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Mercury
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Happily Married Man
- 2.It Ain't Fair - (with Aretha Franklin)
- 3.Weight, The - (with King Curtis)
- 4.You Reap What You Sow - (with Otis Rush)
- 5.Matchbox - (with Ronnie Hawkins)
- 6.Born To Be Wild - (with Wilson Pickett)
- 7.No Money Down
- 8.Been Gone Too Long - (with Hourglass)
- 9.Stuff You Gotta Watch - (with Arthur Conley)
- 10.Dirty Old Man - (with Lulu)
- 11.Push, Push - (with Herbie Mann)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.I Walk On Guilded Splinters - (with Johnnie Jenkins)
- 2.Waiting For A Train - (with Boz Scaggs)
- 3.Don't Tell Me Your Troubles - (with Ronnie Hawkins)
- 4.Going Upstairs - (with Sam Samudio)
- 5.Come On In My Kitchen - (with Delaney & Bonnie)
- 6.Dimples - (with The Allman Brothers Band)
- 7.Going Up The Country - (with The Duck & The Bear)
- 8.Done Somebody Wrong - (with The Allman Brothers Band)
- 9.Leave My Blues At Home - (with The Allman Brothers Band)
- 10.Midnight Rider - (with The Allman Brothers Band)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Duane Allman (vocals, guitar, acoustic & electric slide guitars, dobro); Delaney Bramlett (vocals, acoustic guitar); Sam Samudio (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Otis Rush, Johnny Jenkins (vocals, guitar); Aretha Franklin (vocals, piano); Wilson Pickett, Boz Scaggs, Lulu, Ronnie Hawkins, Bonnie Bramlett, Arthur Conley (vocals); Herbie Mann (flute); King Curtis (saxophone); The Allman Brothers Band; The Dixie Flyers.
Producers include: Rick Hall, Jerry Wexler, Tom Dowd, Arif Mardin, KIng Curtis.
Compilation producer: Tony Yoken.
Recorded between 1969 & 1971.
The session work with other players here isn't quite as good as the material on the first anthology, but An Anthology, Vol. 2 does feature a live cut by Delaney & Bonnie, plus a pair of what were then previously unissued Allman Brothers Band live tracks (among them "Midnight Rider" from the Fillmore East in June 1971). There's another good Duane Allman solo number and a good Hour Glass track ("Been Gone Too Long"), more session work with Aretha Franklin and King Curtis, Ronnie Hawkins ("Matchbox"), Wilson Pickett ("Born to Be Wild"), Johnny Jenkins, Boz Scaggs, Sam Samudio, and Otis Rush. The annotation here isn't as thorough as it was on the first volume, but anyone who owns the first double-CD set will almost certainly have to own this one as well, and for a mid-priced set there's a lot of very good music. ~ Bruce Eder
Skydog: The Duane Allman Retrospective (2nd Ed.) (7-CD)(56)
S.U.N.Y. at Stonybrook: Stonybrook, NY 9/19/71 (Live) (2-CD)(75)
$17.62 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 23 ratings.
Based on 23 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!