Duane Allman An Anthology (2-CD)
Only 7 copies left
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: April 1, 1989
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Mercury
Rolling Stone - 2/1/73, p.42"...Allman was one of the true innovators of the electric guitar to rise in the Sixties; arguably on a par with Hendrix....A thoughful attempt to present Duane Allman's career in some kind of cohesive context..." - Lester Bangs
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.B.B. King Medley: Hour Glass: Sweet Little Angel / It's My Own Fault / How Blue Can You Get
- 2.Hey Jude - (with Wilson Pickett)
- 3.Road Of Love, The - (with Clarence Carter)
- 4.Goin' Down Slow
- 5.Weight, The - (with Aretha Franklin)
- 6.Games People Play - (with King Curtis)
- 7.Shake For Me - (with John Hammond)
- 8.Loan Me A Dime - (with Boz Scaggs)
- 9.Rollin' Stone - (with Johnny Jenkins)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Livin' On The Open Road - (with Delaney & Bonnie)
- 2.Down Along The Cove - (with Johnny Jenkins)
- 3.Please Be With Me - (with Cowboy)
- 4.Mean Old World - (with Eric Clapton)
- 5.Layla - (with Derek & The Dominos)
- 6.Statesboro Blues - (with The Allman Brothers Band)
- 7.Don't Keep Me Wondering - (with The Allman Brothers Band)
- 8.Standback - (with The Allman Brothers Band)
- 9.Dreams - (with The Allman Brothers Band)
- 10.Little Martha - (with The Allman Brothers Band)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Duane Allman (vocals, guitar, slide guitar, dobro, electric sitar); Scott Boyer (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar); Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar, slide guitar); Clarence Carter, Boz Scaggs (vocals, guitar); Johnny Jenkins (vocals, acoustic guitar, harmonica); Gregg Allman (vocals, piano, electric piano, organ); Aretha Franklin, Bobby Whitlock (vocals, piano); Delaney Bramlett, John F. Hammond, Bonnie, Delaney, John Hammond, Jr., Wilson Pickett, Bonnie Bramlett (vocals); Dickey Betts (guitar, acoustic guitar, dobro); Pete Carr (guitar, acoustic guitar); Albert Lowe, Ben Benay (guitar); Thom Doucette (harmonica); Floyd Newman (saxophone, baritone saxophone); King Curtis (saxophone, horns); Jerry Jumonville (alto saxophone); Joe Arnold, Frank Mayes, Aaron Varnell (tenor saxophone); James J. Mitchell, James Mitchell (baritone saxophone); Darrell Leonard (trumpet, trombone); Gene Miller (trumpet); The Memphis Horns (horns); Paul Hornsby (piano, electric piano, organ); Jim Gordon (piano, organ, drums); Jim Gordon , Barry Beckett (piano, organ); Marvell Thomas, Spooner Oldham (organ); Jaimoe (drums, congas, timbales); Butch Trucks (drums, tambourine); Chuck Morgan, Johnny Sandlin, Roger Hawkins, Charlie Morgan (drums); Peter Kowalke, Tommy Talton (background vocals).
Audio Remasterer: Hitoshi Takiguchi.
Liner Note Author: Tony Glover.
Recording information: Atlantic Recording Studios, New York, NY (04/1968-10/1971); Capricorn Sound Studios, Macon (04/1968-10/1971); Criteria Recording Studios, Miami, FL (04/1968-10/1971); Decca Studios, NY (04/1968-10/1971); Fame Recording Studios, Muscle Shoals, AL (04/1968-10/1971); Fillmore East, NY (04/1968-10/1971); Muscle Shoals Sound Studios, Muscle Shoals (04/1968-10/1971).
Photographers: Jim Marshall ; Stephen Paley.
Arranger: Rick Hall.
Duane Allman's greatness was apparent on his recordings with the Allman Brothers, yet there was another side to the superb guitarist. For many years, he was a highly respected session musician, playing on cuts by Wilson Pickett, Aretha Franklin, King Curtis, Boz Scaggs, Delaney & Bonnie, and Clarence Carter, among others. By including those session cuts, as well as a sampling of his brief sojourn in Eric Clapton's Derek and the Dominoes and a few rare solo tracks, along with a number of representative Allman Brothers songs, the double-album Anthology winds up drawing a complete portrait of Allman. He may have recorded plenty of other material worth hearing, but this has the bare essentials for an excellent introduction and retrospective.~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Duane Allman / The Allman Brothers BandDuane Allman - Song of the South: Duane Allman and the Rise...
$14.81 Super Savings
The Allman Brothers BandLive At The Atlanta International Pop Festival (2-CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 37 ratings.
Based on 37 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
S.U.N.Y. at Stonybrook: Stonybrook, NY 9/19/71 (Live) (2-CD)
$17.62 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE