Chuck Berry Golden Hits
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6.74 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.14 (32% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Chuck Berry ~ 20th Century Masters - The Best of Chuck Berry ~ $3.99
- by Johnny Cash ~ At Folsom Prison ~ $5.97
- by Chuck Berry ~ Chuck Berry / More Chuck Berry ~ $16.60
- by Chuck Berry ~ Hail! Hail! Rock 'N Roll (Live) ~ $4.92
- by Chuck Berry ~ Live at the Fillmore Auditorium [Bonus Tracks #1] ~ $5.97
- Released: April 17, 1989
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Mercury
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Chuck Berry (vocals, guitar); Quincy Macon (guitar); Carey Enlow (saxophone); Johnny Johnson (keyboards); Forrest Frierson (bass); Ebbie Hardy, Eugene Washington (drums).
Includes liner notes by Jim Delchant.
These are not the original versions, but 1966 re-recordings of his classic songs.
A seminal figure in the evolution of rock 'n' roll, Chuck Berry's influence as songwriter and guitarist is incalculable. His cogent songs captured adolescent life, yet the artist was 30 years old when he commenced recording. In 1955, during a chance visit to Chicago, Berry met bluesman Muddy Waters, who advised the young singer to approach the Chess label. Berry's demo of "Ida May," was sufficient to win a recording contract and the composition, retitled "Maybellene," duly became his debut single. Berry enjoyed further hits with "Thirty Days" and "No Money Down," but it was his third recording session that proved even more productive, producing a stream of classics, "Roll Over Beethoven," "Too Much Monkey Business" and "Brown-Eyed Handsome Man." The artist's subsequent releases read like a lexicon of pop history--"School Days," "Rock And Roll Music" (all 1957), "Sweet Little Sixteen," "Reelin' And Rockin"," "Johnny B. Goode" (1958), "Back In The USA," "Let It Rock" (1960) and "Bye Bye Johnny" (1960) are but a handful of the peerless songs written and recorded during this prolific period.
Berry was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in 1986. His stature as an essential figure in the evolution of popular music cannot be underestimated.
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
99¢ CYBER WEEK
Millennium's Greatest Hits, Volume 1 (Audio Cassette)
50¢ CYBER WEEK
Rock Rock Rock! (Includes Bonus 1955 Rhythm & Blues Review) (DVD-R)
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 1 (CD)
$10.38 CYBER WEEK
Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings) (CD)
$8.82 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Live At The Atlanta International Pop Festival (2-CD)
$14.38 CYBER WEEK
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK