- Number of Discs: 6
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 18 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: October 30, 2007
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Shout Factory
- 6-Disc Set
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Interviews: Exclusive interview with Claire Danes
- MY SO-CALLED LIFE STORY
- 1995 MUSEUM OF TELEVISION AND RADIO PANEL
- A CONVERSATION WITH CLAIRE DANES AND WINNIE HOLZMAN
- THE CHARACTERS - Exploring the backstories and relationships of the characters.
- "THE MUSIC - with composer Snuffy Walden
- Deluxe book includes original art alongside full-color cast photos and liner notes from Winnie Holzman, Joss Whedon, Janeane Garofalo, and Michele Byers.
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 11/26/2004
"Born late in the grunge era, the 19 finely crafted episodes contain some of that moment's best raw poetry."
Entertainment Weekly - 10/26/2007
"[A] portrait of adolescence equal to J.D. Salinger's THE CATCHER IN THE RYE or any other meditation on this most evanescent formative period of life." -- Grade: A
Featuring all 19 episodes of the sadly-defunct television series MY SO-CALLED LIFE, this definitive box-set follows the trials and tribulations of 15-year-old Angela Chase (Claire Danes) as she navigates through the adolescent dramas of middle-class American high-school life. Danes won a Golden Globe for her portrayal of the angst-ridden Angela, bringing a universality to the character that has granted the show its timeless appeal. Although the mopey redhead is always the focal point of the episodes, there's no shortage of excellent supporting roles, including Angela's heartthrob crush Jordan Catalano (Jared Leto); shy admirer Brian Krakow (Devon Gummersall); wild-girl best friend Rayanne (A.J. Langer); closeted gay friend Ricky (Wilson Cruz); and often-clueless parents Patty (Bess Armstrong) and Graham (Tom Irwin). With its great acting, smart dialogue, and moody direction, MY SO-CALLED LIFE deserved more than its single-season run and retains a loyal cult following.