And the Beat Goes On: The Sonny and Cher Story
Dear Mom, Love Cher $6.95
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 25 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 29, 2004
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: MPI Home Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Renee Faia, Jay Underwood & Christian Leffler|
|Performer:||Jim Pirri, Bruce Nozick, Carl Gilliard, Walter Franks, Laura Johnson & Marie Wilson|
|Directed by||David Burton Morris|
|Edited by||Scott Arundale & Michael S. Murphy|
|Screenwriting by||Ellen Weston|
|Produced by||Daniel Schneider|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Sonny Bono (Jay Underwood) was determined to succeed in the music business. His persistence paid off when he landed a job with the legendary Phil Spector. While working for Spector, he met Cherilyn Sarkisian LaPierre (Renee Faia), a teenager with exotic, dark looks and an amazing vocal style. Together, they recorded their first hit "Baby Don't Go," as Casear and Cleo.
When record company executives heard the song, they immediately signed the pair as Sonny and Cher. In the mid-60's, they scored #1 hits with "I Got You Babe" (1965) and "The Beat Goes On" (1967). By the end of the decade, their popularity declined and the two began a new career as a Las Vegas lounge act. A successful TV variety show improved their public image, but ultimately couldn't salvage their relationship.
And the Beat Goes On: The Sonny and Cher Story is a must-have for music fans and anyone who loves a great comeback story.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.
Top ranking DVD:
- The Decade You Were Born: The 40s - A Decade of War & Invention (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Decade You Were Born: The 60s - A Decade of Hope & Promise (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Decade You Were Born: The 50s - A Decade of Change in America (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Petrified Forest (DVD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- WWII - Eagle Against the Sun: 10-Part Series of the War with Japan (2-DVD) ~ $4.98 on SALE