- Interviews with Actress Lynn Redgrave and Producer/Director Dan Curtis
- Subtitles: English
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 58 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 27, 2002
- Originally Released: 1974
- Label: MPI Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
When young Jane Cubberly (Lynn Redgrave) takes on the position of governess of two orphaned children at a foreboding English country estate, she learns that the children's previous governess, Miss Jessel, died under mysterious circumstances. As Miss Cubberly becomes acquainted with the children she finds they are being controlled by the menacing spirits of Miss Jessel and her evil lover, Peter Quint. A desperate battle follows as the sinister ghosts attempt to take complete possession of the children's souls.
A well-told ghost tale about a governess who takes charge of two young children living in an isolated country manor. She soons finds herself in a desperate struggle against a hidden, dark force for the children's very souls. Based on Henry James novel of 1898.
- MPI Home Video's release is part of the company's "Macabre Collection."