- Rated: G
- Run Time: 3 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 24, 2007
- Originally Released: 1970
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
This version of Emily Bronte's tale of star-crossed lovers Cathy and Heathcliff was filmed on location in Yorkshire, England.
This adaptation of Emily Bronte's tragic and romantic 19th century novel stars Timothy Dalton as the dark and passionate Heathcliff, and Anna Calder-Marshall as his beloved Catherine.
When Mr. Earnshaw encounters Heathcliff, a ragamuffin orphan, he kindly brings the boy into his home and makes him part of the family. And from the start, Heathcliff falls hopelessly in love with the daughter of the house, the beautiful, headstrong Catherine. She adores him, too, but when a wealthy neighbor woos her, Catherine's material instincts get the better of her, and she agrees to marry the man.
However, Catherine discovers that she cannot forget Heathcliff so easily... and that not even death can make them part.
- Produced by Associated British Productions, Elstree. Shot in Movielab color. Filmed on location in Yorkshire, England.