Drive In: Double Feature
|CYBER SALE:||$12.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.14 (14% Off)|
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 42 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: May 30, 2006
- Originally Released: 1962
- Label: Dark Sky Films
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby 2.0 Mono
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Don Megowan & Giacomo Rossi-Stuart|
|Directed by||Wesley E. Barry|
Description by OLDIES.com:
War Between the Planets: When a series of natural disasters plague civilization, scientists learn that the culprit is a seemingly barren planet set on a collision course with Earth. A team of astronauts is sent to counter the impending Armageddon, but after landing on the wayward planet they discover that it has a bloodthirsty life of its own.
WAR BETWEEN THE PLANETS: An out-of-control planet is on a collision course with Earth in this vintage sci-fi feature.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
There are two reasons I enjoy this movie so much.
The first being that it's brazenly cerebral. Apart from one brief fight scene, there is no action in this film. The entire movie consists of 7 scenes. That's right, 7 scenes (and trust me, I know what a scene is) of characters in conversation. This is unheard of for a motion picture. It's really more appropriate to call it a play. The characters are definitely in conflict though and that's where it gets fun -
which brings me to the second thing I really like about it. The dialog is cheesy and at the same time often quite profound. The actors do an adequate job in their roles, but they all come across as enchantingly odd. I've watched it several times and each time I have to remind myself it was made in 1962 - because I keep thinking I'm watching something from the silent era! I know that doesn't make sense, but that's how weird this movie is.
I don't know how else to explain it, except to say it is definitely one of the oddest, but thoroughly enjoyable films I have ever seen. I have even played this movie while doing chores around the house just to listen to it.
If you like strange, low budget films that defy conventionality, If you enjoy straight forward philosophical rhetoric about the quandary of life itself - you might like this movie as much as I.
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.19 CYBER SALE
- Annie (DVD) ~ $2.98 CYBER SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $1.79 CYBER SALE