- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 22, 2004
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Set in Egypt, a man and woman struggle to find the truth in a web of lies.
A young man running an aircraft salvage company is reported dead after his plane crashes in Mexico. But when his wife flies south to identify the body, she realizes he's still alive and sets off on a trek through various countries to find him. She eventually tracks him down by using an old set of his favorite baseball cards -- which reveal where he's stashed over $800,000 in banks around the world.
Theatrical Release |
- Color by Technicolor, using Panavision equipment on location in Los Angeles, Vera Cruz, Berlin, Athens and Cairo.
- Approximate budget $26 million.
- Recorded in a THX Stereo Sound System Theatre.
- Released in the UK almost 18 months after the production's start date.
- Cynthia Haagens contributed lyrics to the song "The Secrets of My Heart" and it was performed by Kristina Nichols. "You Belong to Me" was composed by Pee Wee King, Redd Stewart and Chilton Price. "Ruby Cairo Theme - Flamenco" was performed by Ottmar Liebert and Luna Negra.
- Andie MacDowell's standin was Alex Lexton.
- Opticals by Cinema Research Corporation.
- Released on video June 8, 1994.
- Additional musicians: Ottmar Liebert (flamenco guitar), John Hench (guitar), Iki Levy (percussion), Neil Siegel (ney), Kazem Razazan (keman), Albert Artanian (zurna/winds), Santiago Maldonado (arpa jarocho/vocals), Javier Godines (arpa jarocho/vocals/jarana), Roberto Chagoya (requinto/vocals) and Heriberto Molina (vocal soloist).
Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Copyright 1992 Kadokawa Shoten Publishing Company, Ltd.