- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: April 16, 2007
- Originally Released: 1982
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
The elite volunteers of Attack Force Z are assigned the difficult and dangerous task of locating and recovering a defecting Japanese government official. Set in the Sambalang Straits in the South Pacific during World War II.
Mel Gibson costars with Sam Neill in this action-packed World War II adventure story. An elite Australian military team is dispatched to rescue survivors of a shot-down plane, stranded on a South Pacific island occupied by the Japanese. And one of the castaways may hold the secret to ending the war -- and must be saved at all costs.
World War II
- Made in 1981.
- Shot on Taiwan.
- Co-produced by Jonn McCallum Productions.
- Shown at the Cannes Film Festival May 18, 1981.
- The original director, Phillip Noyce, was replaced by Tim Burstall shortly before production began.