Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 6, 2012
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 10/01/1996
"...The choreography is expressive..."
Variety - 06/24/1996
When a Miami mom loses her job as a secretary, her lowlife ex-husband is awarded custody of their young daughter. Taking a job as a stripper to raise enough money for a court appeal, she unwittingly attracts the obsessive and insistent attentions of a crazed, slavering U.S. Congressman. Adapted from the comic novel by Carl Hiaasen. The uncut version contains footage not seen theatrically in North America.
Although sensible, mild-mannered Erin Grant has a great face and body, she's an unlikely candidate to become a stripper. That all changes when she loses custody of her young daughter to her lowlife ex-husband, and needs some quick cash for an appeal. So she begins working at the Eager Beaver strip club -- and finds her life changed forever.
This is because the club attracts a wide array of oddballs, including some of the strippers, a tough bouncer with a frightening get-rich quick scheme, and Senator/sex fiend David Dilbeck, who becomes wildly obsessed with Erin after seeing her perform. Furthermore, Erin becomes involved in a blackmail scheme, a kidnapping, and even underworld types -- who soon want Erin dead.
Will Erin survive all of this craziness' And will she regain custody of her beloved child'
- Released theatrically in the USA June 28, 1996.
- Color by Technicolor; in SDDS (Sony Dynamic Digital Sound).
- The Special Unrated VHS version (Cat. #84973) and the CLV laserdisc (Cat. #84976LD) both contain footage not seen in theatres.
- Additional cast: Jerry Grayson (Orly); Rumer Willis (Angela); William Hill (Jerry Killian); Dina Spybey (Monique Jr.); Pasean Wilson (Sabrina Hepburn); Pandora Peaks (Urbana Sprawl).
- Additional credit: Daneen Lagrone Conroy (associate producer).
- Demi Moore was paid a startling $12 million for her services on "Striptease," making her (at the time) the highest paid actress in Hollywood.
- Demi Moore's real-life daughter, Rumer Willis, plays her daughter in the film.
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Classification.