Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 6, 2012
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Surround - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 02/21/1986
"...Basinger is not only tremulous and touching, she manages a certain beautiful equilibrium..."
Stylish, highly-charged erotic psychodrama in which a mysterious businessman and a beautiful art dealer meet and are swept up in a whirlwind of passion, manipulation, and obsessive sex. Not for kids, the timid, or people on a diet. Available in "R" and unrated versions.
A beautiful woman who works in a Spring Street art gallery in New York City meets a businessman and begins a relationship with him, which lasts 9 1/2 weeks, surpassing all sexual boundaries.
Essential Cinema |
Theatrical Release |
- Filmed in New York City, Long Island and New Jersey, using Technicolor; prints by Metrocolor.
- Opticals by MGM; title design by Dan Perri.
- Research coordinator Hilary White; Video consultant Charles Burke.
- Mathew Farnsworth's art is based on work by Arthur Berry; Slide sequence paintings by Brad Holland; additional artwork seen in the film by Robert Longo, Lori Goodman, Jack Goldstein and Walter Robinson.
- Roger Paradiso was the production manager. Aude Bronson-Howard was the assistant costume designer. Antony Clavet was the makeup consultant.
- The International Version of "9 1/2 Weeks" is uncut and unrated.
- DVD Special Features: Unseen Footage,8-Page Trivia Production Notes and a Behind the Scenes Look,Theatrical Trailer.