- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: September 30, 2007
- Originally Released: 1931
- Label: Criterion
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono 1.0 - German, French
- Subtitles - English - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Interviews: Charles O'Brien
- Audio Commentary: David Bathrick; Eric Rentschler
- Short Film - L'OPERA DE QUAT'SOUS
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Essays - Tony Rayns
- Production Sketches
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Uncut - 02/01/2005
"[The tale] feels 100 per cent authentic."
Sight and Sound - 02/01/2005
"[W]hat immediately impresses is the fluidity of the camerawork and the detailed recreation of the London underworld."
Sight and Sound - 02/01/2008
"This is the Great Depression musical American failed to produce."
This classic musical tells the story of a debonair gangster and his cohorts. Often voted by European audiences as one of world cinema's shining achievements, THE THREEPENNY OPERA was directed by famous director G.W. Pabst, composed by the legendary Kurt Weill, and stars Weill's wife, the incomparable and sleekly sexy cabaret singer Lotte Lenya.
Classical Music |
Musicals / Music Videos |