- Number of Discs: 10
- Run Time: 15 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 2, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: BBC Warner
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen
- Dolby Digital Surround - English
Additional Release Material:
- Behind-The-Scenes - 190 minutes of behind the scenes footage - one 10-minute behind the scenes program for each episode
- AMAZON ABYSS - In the depths of the Amazon live an amazing array of astonishing creatures
- DIVE TO SHARK VOLCANO - Venture to Cocos Island, an underwater volcano whose waters are a haven for sharks.
- BETWEEN THE TIDES - Exploring the distinctive sights and sounds of an estuary in winter, featuring many natural spectacles
caused by the tide.
Featurette - DEEP TROUBLE - A compelling exploration of the impact of civilization on the oceans
- ANTARCTICA - An examination of the cold, desolate continent of Antarctica.
- Interviews - Interviews with series producer Alastair Fothergill, cameraman Doug Allen and researcher Penny Allen
Performers, Cast and Crew:
This program collects two highly acclaimed productions: THE BLUE PLANET: SEAS OF LIFE, which focuses on the activities underneath the world's vast stretches of water; and PLANET EARTH, which documents the entire globe in extraordinary detail. Please see individual titles for further synopsis information.