- New Hi-Definition Widescreen Transfer from 35mm negative
- Commentary by director Roy Ward Baker and actor Stephanie Beacham
- Commentary by actor Ian Ogilvy
- Trailers for And Now The Screaming Starts, Asylum, and The Beast Must Die
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: July 25, 2006
- Originally Released: 1973
- Label: Dark Sky Films
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Roy Ward Baker - Director; Stephanie Beacham - Actor; Ian Ogilvy - Actor
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
- Biographies: Cast, Crew
- Photo Stills
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Set in 1795 England, And Now the Screaming Starts!
tells the tale of blissful newlyweds Catherine (Stephanie Beacham) and Charles Fengriffen (Ian Ogilvy) who move into his ancestral family mansion. On their wedding night, Catherine is raped by a malevolent spirit. She is further plagued by a series of haunting visions involving an eyeless woodsman and a murderous disembodied hand.
Can a savage act of depravity and violence committed by one of Charles' ancestors be to blame? Charles fears that his bride is going insane and calls for Doctor Whittle (Patrick Magee). Unable to help Catherine overcome her visions, Dr. Whittle calls for assistance from a fellow practitioner, Dr. Pope (Peter Cushing), who uses reason and logic to combat what he assumes is a mental disorder. In time, Dr. Pope finds himself fighting a losing battle against the forces of the supernatural carrying out a bloody family curse.
An inconsiderate young couple moves into a house already inhabited by a dismembered and disgruntled hand in the 1973 cult classic AND NOW THE SCREAMING STARTS. Catherine (Stephanie Beacham) is a lovely young bride set to start a new life with her wealthy new husband Charles (Ian Ogilvy.) But a horrid curse has haunted Charles' aristocratic bloodline, and only the help of the brilliant Dr. Pope can help squelch the supernatural evil of the disembodied hand.
Demonic Possession |
Horror Classic |
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 28 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 87,956
- UPC: 030306811796
- Shipping Weight: 0.29/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item