Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours, 1 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 21, 2012
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Arc Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Commentary by Martin Sheen, Emilio Estevez and Producer David Alexanian
- Camino Americana: Taking The Way On The Road
- Pilgrimage: Behind the Camera
- Father & Son: Uncovering the Characters
- Along the Way: The Journey of a Father and Son - a dual memoir by Marin Sheen and Emilio Estevez
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 10/14/2011
"There's a contemplative loveliness to THE WAY, an affecting personal project both for Emilio Estevez, who wrote, directed, and plays a small role, and for his father, Martin Sheen." -- Grade: B+
Chicago Sun-Times - 10/05/2011
3 stars out of 4 -- "It's a sweet and sincere family pilgrimage..."
Los Angeles Times - 10/07/2011
"The gentle drama offers an intriguing look at the contemporary version of an ancient ritual, and is anchored by the on-screen work of the writer-director's father, Martin Sheen."
USA Today - 11/04/2011
"[T]his is a sweet, life-affirming tale of a tightly wound man who learns to loosen up and appreciate life."
Washington Post - 10/07/2011
3 stars out of 4 -- "It's modest, warm and welcoming, never insisting on a particular pace or philosophical bent, but always staying open."
A grieving father makes a pilgrimage to the Pyrenees in honor of his late son, and experiences a major epiphany during his journey down the Way of Saint James. When his adult son (Emilio Estevez) is killed during an excursion down a Christian pilgrimage route, California doctor Tom (Martin Sheen) vows to complete the treacherous journey. As Tom sets down the 800 km path with only his son's guidebook and backpack, he forges powerful bonds with three fellow travelers (Yorick Van Wageningen, Deborah Kara Unger, James Nesbitt, who alter his perspective of the world and remind him what it means to lead a meaningful life.