Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 6, 2012
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Lorber Films (Kino)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Samuel L. Jackson,
Sam Rockwell &
Samuel L. Jackson &
Sam Henry Kass
Sam Henry Kass
Los Angeles Times - 06/21/1996
"...It's relaxed and good-natured, taking an affectionate embrace of one and all..."
Framed by the conceit of a local filmmaker's documentary opus, an oddball assortment of colorful neighborhood characters mount a search for the missing brother of one of their friends. Their only problem: they don't really get along with each other.
When Les, a young film director, goes back to his old Brooklyn enclave to shoot a movie, he has no idea what he's getting himself into. That's because the community is frantic to discover the whereabouts of local boy One-Eyed Jimmy, who has mysteriously disappeared. Les becomes sucked into the search for Jimmy -- and in the wacky misadventures of various neighborhood eccentrics, mobsters, the FBI and even the Catholic Church.
Will One-Eyed Jimmy be found' And could Les's ordeal become the basis of his next movie'
Kidnapping And Missing Persons |
- An Orenda Films Production.
- Presented by Mainstream S.A.
- Film was shot in 1993 and released theatrically in New York City June 21, 1996.
- Directorial debut of Sam Henry Kass, a writer of the television show "Seinfeld."
- Additional cast: Wayne Maugans (Tommy Hoyt) and Pat McNamara (Harold Hoyt).
- Additional credits: Mario R. Ventenilla (art direction) and Richard Rosser (assistant director).
- Copyright 1993 Brooklyn Search Productions, Inc.