Warner Bros. DVD Clearance Sale (series)
|You Save:||$3.01 (30% Off)|
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 56 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 31, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
- Audio Commentary - Zack Snyder - Director; Kurt Johnstad - Writer; Larry Fong -
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Lena Headey, Vincent Regan & Gerard Butler|
|Performer:||David Wenham, Michael Fassbender, Rodrigo Santoro, Andrew Tiernan, Dominic West, Tom Wisdom & Andrew Pleavin|
|Directed by||Zack Snyder|
|Screenwriting by||Zack Snyder, Kurt Johnstad & Michael B. Gordon|
|Original story by||Frank Miller|
|Composition by||Tyler Bates|
|Produced by||Mark Canton, Bernie Goldmann, Jeffrey Silver & Gianni Nunnari|
|Director of Photography:||Larry Fong|
|Executive Production by||Deborah Snyder, Craig J. Flores, Thomas Tull, William Fay, Scott Mednick & Ben Waisbren|
"The surreal ode to extreme combat is part Fellini freak show, part LORD OF THE RINGS-style blood feast, and all adrenaline rush....Its bruised beauty is enhanced by an inky palette..."
3 stars out of 4 -- "[Director Zack Snyder] keeps the action roaring....300 dazzles as spectacle..."
3 stars out of 5 -- "Everyone is loving 300 for perfectly valid reasons. It is a visual feast....The style exceeds mere competence and satisfies all promise."
3 stars out of 5 -- "[I]t looks incredible....Not real, not surreal, 300 is something else, a hyperreal realm where myth gasps to life."
"[W]ith a visual style that injects new energy into the sword-and-sandals epic."
"[I]ts technical achievement is beyond question....The film's presentation of the cities and battlegrounds of ancient Greece can only be considered a marvel, vividly rendered through a digitised expressionist palette..."
"Snyder uses every trick in the bloodletting playbook, and invents a few new ones, to stage one of history's greatest last stands." -- Grade: B+
"[I]t is less spectacle than blood rite in which history and myth almost literally bleed into each other."
With its gore and scale, 300 marks director Snyder as a possible successor to Peter Jackson's throne. Jackson also got his start in horror with BAD TASTE and DEAD ALIVE, and the two men share a penchant for ambitious battle scenes. The huge fights in 300 rival Jackson's efforts in the LORD OF THE RINGS films. David Wenham, who starred in two of the Tolkien-based films, plays Dilios, one of the Spartan soldiers. Though the cast doesn't boast any A-list stars, the actors ably fill their larger-than-life roles. In a film filled with men, Headley stands out as Queen Gorgo. She matches her warrior husband in strength, while showing love toward Leonidas and their son. Though there are scenes that demonstrate the humanity of the characters, 300 is undeniably about bravery and blood, and it succeeds because of the stylish depictions of both.
- Theatrical Release: March 9, 2007
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
I particularly like this film's endeavor to stick as closely to the historical record as possible. I concede that some of the dialog was tenuous, at best, but I suppose such is to be expected when a "graphic novel" of this type is adapted to the Silver Screen.
- Sales Rank: 13,766
- UPC: 012569736627
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Movies & TV with some of the same main people:
- 300 (Blu-ray) ~ $8.34 LABOR DAY
- 300 (Widescreen) (DVD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- 300 (Special Edition) (2-DVD) ~ $20.32 LABOR DAY
- 10,000 B.C. (Blu-ray) ~ $8.34 LABOR DAY
- 10,000 B.C. (DVD) ~ $5.21 LABOR DAY
Top ranking titles in the Action & Adventure genre:
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- 3 Pack Action: The Delta Force / Delta Force 2 / Code of Silence (DVD) ~ $2.38 on SALE
- Shark Week (Blu-ray) ~ 78¢ on SALE
- Bigfoot (Blu-ray) ~ 79¢ on SALE
- Lust for Freedom (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.