- Released: October 15, 1992
- Label: Warner Bros / WEA
Q - 11/92, p.994 Stars
- Excellent - "..this is skillfully, delicately orchestrated music...[it] has no need of a film to gain merit.."
Mojo (Publisher) - 6/02, p.67
Included in Mojo's "100 Coolest Movie Soundtracks" - "...Perfection..."
- 1.Fire Walk With Me (Theme From Twin Peaks)
- 2.The Pine Float
- 3.Jimmy ScottSycamore Trees
- 4.Don't Do Anything (I Wouldn't Do)
- 5.Thought GangA Real Indication
- 6.Julee CruiseQuestions In A World Of Blue
- 7.The Pink Room
- 8.Thought GangThe Black Dog Runs At Night
- 9.Best Friends
- 10.Moving Through Time
- 11.Montage From Twin Peaks: Girl Talk / Birds In Hell / Laura Palmer's Theme / Falling
- 12.The Voice Of Love
Personnel: Angelo Badalamenti (vocals, keyboards, synthesizer), Julee Cruise, Jimmy Scott (vocals), Bob Rose, Myles Boisen (guitars), Alvin Flythe Jr. (saxophone), Al Regni (tenor saxophone), Bill Mays, Ken-ichi Shimazu (pianos), Bill Mays, Andy Armer, David Slusser (keyboards), David Cooper, Jay Hoggard (vibraphones), Rufus Reid, Ron Carter, Buster Williams (acoustic bass), William Fairbanks (bass), Kinny Landrum, Vinnie Bell (bass, guitars), Brian Kirk, Donald Bailey, Grady Tate (drums), David Lynch (percussion).
All music by Angelo Badalamenti. All lyrics by David Lynch.
David Lynch's surreal take on the film noir murder-mystery springs to haunting life in TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME, the 1992 prequel film to the cult television series, as scored by Grammy Award winner Angelo Badalamenti. The soundtrack accentuates Lynch's noir theme with a smooth integration of several jazz styles, including hard bop, bebop, swing, cool, and modal jazz. Badalamenti's characteristically dark and moody themes are realized with the help of a roster of renowned session musicians, including tenor saxophonist Albert Regni, vibraphonist Jay Hoggard, bassist Buster Williams, guitarist Myles Boisen, percussionists Donald Bailey and Grady Tate, and the great vocalist Jimmy Scott.