by Various Artists
|You Save:||$2.10 (18% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by John Powell ~ The Italian Job (2003) (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) ~ $16.18
- Ocean's Eleven (Widescreen) ~ $3.98 (Save 75%)
- by Bill Conti ~ The Thomas Crown Affair  [Original Score] ~ $11.68
- Released: December 4, 2001
- Label: Warner Bros / WEA
Uncut - 1/03, p.97Included in Uncut's "100 Best Albums of the Year"
Mojo (Publisher) - 2/02, p.90"...Masterfully assured skittering lounge-funk..."
NME (Magazine) - 2/9/02, p.377 out of 10 - "...Holmes' propensity for crate-digging is well-documented and this score simmers with dusty-fingered enthusiasm..."
- 1.Theme for Young Lovers - Percy Faith
- 3.Projects, The (Pjays) - Del the Funky Homosapien / Handsome Boy Modeling School / Trugoy the Dove / Trugov / Del
- 4.The Plans
- 5.Papa Loves Mambo - Perry Como
- 6.Ruben's In
- 7.Lyman Zerga
- 8.Caravan - Arthur Lyman
- 9.Gritty Shaker - David Holmes
- 10.Planting the Seed
- 12.Little Less Conversation, A - Elvis Presley
- 13.Dream, Dream, Dream - Percy Faith
- 14.Stealing the Pinch
- 15.Blues in the Night - Quincy Jones
- 16.Tess (Clair de Lune)
- 18.$160 Million Chinese Man
- 19.69 Police - David Holmes
- 20.Clair de Lune - Philadelphia Orchestra
- 21.Theme for Young Lovers - Percy Faith
Original score by David Holmes.
Personnel: Chris Dawkins (guitar); Steve Tavaglione (flute, saxophone, EWI); Ron King (trumpet); Stephen Hilton (keyboards, programming); Jim Watson, Scott Kinsey (keyboards); Brad Dutz (vibraphone, percussion); Dave Carpenter, Robert Hurst (double bass, electric bass); Zach Danziger (drums, percussion); Hugoth Nicolson (percussion).
Recording information: The Studio At The Sunset Marquis, West Hollywood, CA.
Photographer: Bob Marshak.
Arrangers: David Holmes; Lucien Cailliet.
While the 1998 crime caper OUT OF SIGHT was the first film to bring together a suave George Clooney character, the maverick vision of director Steven Soderbergh, and the lively compositions of Irish electronica artist David Holmes, the 2001 remake of OCEAN'S ELEVEN perfected--and popularized--the collective aesthetic of those elements. The soundtrack to the hugely successful heist flick deftly blends snippets of ELEVEN's dialogue and vintage pop tracks--most notably Percy Faith's swooning, elevator-ready "Theme for Young Lovers" and an energetic remix of Elvis Presley's "A Little Less Conversation"--with Holmes's groove-oriented, 1970s-inspired originals, resulting in an album that successfully captures the mischievous verve of the movie, particularly on the cool, calculated, and exceptionally funky "Boobytrapping."
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 85 ratings.
Based on 85 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!