Music For the Movies of Clint Eastwood
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$0.73 (5% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Soundtrack ~ The Bridges of Madison County [Original Soundtrack] ~ $12.58
- Released: September 11, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Warner Bros Mod Afw
- 1.Rawhide, television series theme: Theme - Frankie Laine
- 2.Good, the Bad and the Ugly, The (Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo), film score: Theme - Ennio Morricone
- 3.Outlaw Josey Wales, film score: Theme, The - Jerry Fielding
- 4.Pale Rider, film score: Theme - Lennie Niehaus
- 5.Claudia's Theme (from movie The Unforgiven) - Clint Eastwood
- 6.Dirty Harry, film score: Theme - Lalo Schifrin
- 7.Big Fran's Baby (for movie A Perfect World) - Clint Eastwood
- 8.Misty, song - Erroll Garner
- 9.Amanda's Theme (for movie Tightrope (1984)) - Clint Eastwood
- 10.Kate's Theme (for film Absolute Power) - Clint Eastwood
- 11.Why Should I Care (for film True Crime) - Clint Eastwood
- 12.Espacio (for film Space Cowboys) - Clint Eastwood
- 13.Doe Eyes (for film The Bridges of Madison County) - Clint Eastwood
- 14.Clint Eastwood, An American Filmmaker Suite: Part 1: Out of the Shadows - Lennie Niehaus
- 15.Clint Eastwood, An American Filmmaker Suite: Pt. 2: An American Landsca - Lennie Niehaus
- 16.Clint Eastwood, An American Filmmaker Suite: Part 3: This I Rememeber - Lennie Niehaus
- 17.Clint Eastwood, An American Filmmaker Suite: Pt. 4: The Journey Continu - Lennie Niehaus
- 18.Clint Eastwood, An American Filmmaker Suite: Pt. 5: Battle Royale (It's - Lennie Niehaus
- 19.Clint Eastwood, An American Filmmaker Suite: Part 6: Day Dreams - Lennie Niehaus
- 20.Clint Eastwood, An American Filmmaker Suite: Part 7: The Piano Player - Lennie Niehaus
- 21.Clint Eastwood, An American Filmmaker Suite: Part 8: Destiny - Lennie Niehaus
- 22.Clint Eastwood, An American Filmmaker Suite: Part 9: At Peace and Play - Lennie Niehaus
- 23.Clint Eastwood, An American Filmmaker Suite: Part 10: I Love Jazz - Lennie Niehaus
MUSIC FOR THE MOVIES OF CLINT EASTWOOD was inspired by CLINT EASTWOOD: OUT OF THE SHADOWS, an American Masters documentary originally aired on PBS.
Includes liner notes by Dave Kehr.
Personnel: Joshua Redman (saxophone); Michael Lang (piano).
Music for the Movies of Clint Eastwood contains 11 musical excerpts from films featuring Clint Eastwood, plus "Rawhide," Frankie Laine's performance of the theme song from the television series in which Eastwood first made his mark, and Erroll Garner's performance of his jazz tune "Misty," which had a prominent place in the Eastwood film Play Misty for Me. All of these, however, are basically a curtain raiser for the album's main section, a ten-part, 40-minute suite written by Lennie Niehaus for the PBS documentary Clint Eastwood: Out of the Shadows. Niehaus, a longtime associate of Eastwood's, is also the composer of "Theme From Pale Rider" on the first part of the disc. As might be expected from a compilation of film music in which the only constant is the star actor, the album is quite diverse. Reflecting Eastwood's early casting as a Western hero, "Rawhide" and Ennio Morricone's famous The Good, the Bad and the Ugly music have a Western flavor. (This recording is not the hit version by "Hugo Montenegro"; it derives from the United Artists Records original soundtrack album.) "Theme From the Outlaw Josey Wales," by Jerry Fielding, has a lively fanfare, while "Theme From Pale Rider" is ominous and wistful. Starting with "Claudia's Theme From Unforgiven," one is introduced to the first of seven cues actually written by Eastwood, who reveals not only his well-known taste for jazz, but also a way with pretty melodies. Lalo Schifrin's jazz fusion music for Dirty Harry is prefaced by Eastwood's trademark "Do I feel lucky'" speech from the film. Niehaus' score is really ten separate pieces ranging from calm orchestral music ("Out of the Shadows") at the start to big band swing ("I Love Jazz") at the end. It would not be out of place in future Eastwood pictures. ~ William Ruhlmann
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (Music from the Original... (CD)
$9.72 Super Savings
Me and You and Everyone We Know [Original Score] (CD)
$12.87 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE