Camelot [Original Soundtrack]
by Various Artists
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.06 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$0.92 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 22, 1987
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Warner Bros / WEA
- 1.Camelot: Prelude and Overture
- 2.Camelot: I Wonder What the King Is Doing Tonight - Richard Harris
- 3.Camelot: The Simple Joys of Maidenhood - Vanessa Redgrave
- 4.Camelot: Camelot / The Wedding Ceremony - Richard Harris
- 5.Camelot: C'Est Moi - Gene Merlino
- 6.Camelot: The Lusty Month of May - Vanessa Redgrave
- 7.Camelot: Follow Me / Children's Chorus
- 8.Camelot: How to Handle a Woman - Richard Harris
- 9.Camelot: Take Me to the Fair - Vanessa Redgrave
- 10.Camelot: If Ever I Would Leave You -- Love Montage - Gene Merlino
- 11.Camelot: What Do the Simple Folk Do? - Vanessa Redgrave / Richard Harris
- 12.Camelot: I Loved You Once in Silence - Gene Merlino / Vanessa Redgrave
- 13.Camelot: Guenevere
- 14.Camelot: Finale Ultimo - Richard Harris
Composed by Lerner and Lowe. Music conducted by Alfred Newman.
Remixed for CD from original multi-track tapes by Lee Herschberg.
Audio Mixer: Dan Wallin.
Audio Remixer: Lee Herschberg.
Liner Note Authors: Jack Warner; Alan Jay Lerner.
A charming soundtrack for a musical that stirred the mind and won over the human spirit in the '60s. Written as a book and lyrically by Alan Jay Warner, and orchestrated and composed by Frederick Loewe, Camelot is a sincere symbolic look into the radiance and dazzle of Hollywood musical creation during the decade. It is truly a film and score which gave the body of the work room to freely move wherever the emotions cast wished to go. Featured here in this rendition of this popular and esteemed musical are actors and actresses who brought Camelot to rave heights. With the help of Richard Harris, Vanessa Redgrave, Franco Nero, and Dave Hemmings, these individuals shaped and molded their unique roles with great care and perfection. Left finally to the listeners is a work of joy, compassion, love, romance, charm, humor, wit, and adventure. Alfred Newman is responsible in part of for arranging and conducting Loewe's composition, and Joshua Logan will not be forgotten for his brilliant stage presence as director. Alan Jay Lerner reflects on how "there was a love for the project that one finds very rarely in theater or motion pictures. There is this ancient legend of hope and an aspiration that has always moved me deeply." Certainly these are honest and powerful words from one man behind Camelot, someone who felt the program was a delight to work through. In the original legend, King Arthur was to have retired to a cave with his knights, waiting for the world to ask him back. It is a legend centered around the ideals and the original Christian concept of the brotherhood of man. An exciting and joyous musical and play in song and in story, Camelot is a gem made to entertain listeners of all ages. ~ Shawn M. Haney
SoundtrackThe King and I [Original Movie Soundtrack Recording]
$8.34 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 43 ratings.
Based on 43 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Play Me a Movie: Piano Music to Accompany Silent (CD)
$16.89 Super Savings
Merchants of Doubt (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD)
$16.71 Super Savings
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Early Rock & Roll (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE