João Gilberto Amoroso / Brasil
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
|You Save:||$2.30 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 14, 1993
- Label: Warner Bros / WEA
- 1.'S Wonderful
- 3.Tin Tin Por Tin Tin
- 4.Besame Mucho
- 6.Caminhos Cruzados
- 9.Aquarela Do Brasil :: Brazilian Watercolor
- 10.Disse Alguem :: All Of Me
- 11.Bahia Com H :: Bahia With An H
- 12.No Tabuleiro Dabaiana :: Woman From Bahia
- 13.Milagre :: Miracle
- 14.Cordeiro De Nana :: Nana's Lamb
AMOROSO personnel: Joao Gilberto (vocals, guitar); Ralph Grierson, Clare Fisher (keyboards); Milcho Leviev, Michael Boddicker (synthesizer); Jim Hughart (bass); Grady Tate, Joe Correro (drums).
Producers: Tommy LiPuma, Helen Keane.
AMOROSO was released in 1977.
BRASIL personnel: Joao Gilberto (vocals, guitar); Gilberto Gil, Caetano Veloso, Maria Bethania (vocals); Clare Fisher (keyboards); Milcho Leviev, Michael Boddicker (synthesizer); Jim Hughart (bass); Joe Correro (drums); Paulhinho Da Costa (percussion).
Producer: Joao Gilberto.
BRASIL was released in 1981.
Personnel: Joao Gilberto (vocals, guitar); Gerald Vinci, John Wittenberg, Joe Goodman, Bobby Dubow, Jerry Reisler, Robert Lipsett, Isabelle Daskoff, Israel Baker, Bonnie Douglas, Nathan Ross, Paul Shure, Bluestone (violin); David Schwartz, Helain Wittenberg, Marilyn Baker (viola); Anne Goodman (cello); Eddie Cainf, Glenn Garrett, Bud Shank (flute); Claire Fisher, Ralph Grierson (keyboards); Michael Boddicker, Milcho Leviev (synthesizer); Grady Tate, Joe Correro (drums); Paulinho Da Costa (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Al Schmitt.
Liner Note Author: Nelson Motta.
Recording information: Britannia, Los Angeles, CA (11/17/1976-01/07/1977); Capitol Records, Hollywood, CA (11/17/1976-01/07/1977); Rosebud Studios, NY, NY (11/17/1976-01/07/1977); Sigla, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil (11/17/1976-01/07/1977); Sounds Good (11/17/1976-01/07/1977).
Unknown Contributor Role: Stella Castellucci.
Arrangers: Claus Ogerman; Johnny Mandel.
Joao Gilberto is perhaps forever destined to be lesser known to casual jazz fans than his occasional collaborator Stan Getz (whose GETZ/GILBERTO albums introduced the United States to bossa nova) and his ex-wife Astrud Gilberto (whose shy, delicate voice made her one of the most distinctive and beloved jazz vocalists of the '60s). However, true fans of Brazilian music recognize that Gilberto is second only to Antonio Carlos Jobim as a writer and interpreter of traditional Brazilian music and Brazilian-influenced jazz.
These two albums, collected in full on one CD, are among Gilberto's best solo albums. Alternating between standards like "'S Wonderful" or "Besame Mucho" and Brazilian tunes like Jobim's "Wave" and the original "Triste," AMOROSO is a fine, romantic jazz album. BRASIL, as the title suggests, consists of six traditional-style sambas, sung in Portuguese to acoustic guitars and hypnotic percussion. Both are essential to Gilberto fans and neophytes.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 23 ratings.
Based on 23 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- Joe "Fingers" Carr The Riotous, Raucous, Red-Hot 20s / Together For The Last Time... (With Ira Ironstrings) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Diane Schuur Collection (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Steve Khan Public Access (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Barney Kessel Breakfast At Tiffany's / Bossa Nova / Contemporary Latin Rhythms (2-CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE