- Subtitles: English
- Rated: G
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 46 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 5, 2004
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital Mono- English
- Interactive Features:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Based on the all-time favorite novel by Anna Sewell, Black Beauty is a lyrical tale of the friendship and understanding between a young boy and his colt. Joe Evans (Mark Lester) and Black Beauty are parted and before their reunion, Beauty passes from owner to owner as a race horse, circus performer, military steed in India, and a worker for a coal merchant. Black Beauty is a passionate argument for the humane treatment of animals, as well as outstanding family entertainment.
Based on Anna Sewell's 1877 novel about the love shared between a young boy and his colt. The two are parted, but eventually find one another after Black Beauty passes between many owners.
Anna Sewell's classic 1877 novel comes to life, told from the point of view of Black Beauty himself -- who narrates the film.
Set in England, Black Beauty tells us the details surrounding his birth, and his perception of humans, since he has various owners throughout his life. While some of these proprietors are caring and compassionate, others prove to be cruel and crude to the vulnerable Beauty, often placing him in life-threatening situations -- which he may or may not survive...
- Co-produced by CCC Filkunst (Germany), Emiliano Piedra (Spain), Tigon-British Chilton Films (UK).
- Additional cast: Uschi Glas (or Ursula Glass), Peter Lee Lawrence, Jose Niero, and Daniel Martin.
- Additional credits: Pedro Samu (writer) and Pablo Delano (editor).