Let the Music Do the Talking
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 1, 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Let the Music Do the Talking
- 2.Conflict of Interest
- 3.Discount Dogs
- 4.Shooting Star
- 5.Break Song
- 6.Rockin' Train
- 7.The Mist Is Rising
- 8.Ready on the Firing Line
- 9.Life at a Glance
This is Joe Perry's first solo album.
Personnel: Joe Perry (vocals, guitar, keyboards, bass); David Hull (vocals, bass); Ralph Morman (vocals); Ronnie Stewart (drums).
Joe Perry split from Aerosmith under less than favorable circumstances in 1979, directly assembling a solo band, the Joe Perry Project (with Ralph Mormon [vocals], David Hull [bass], and Ronnie Stewart [drums]), which soon released its first album, 1980's Let the Music Do the Talking. Unlike his former band, which would now take excessive amounts of time to record albums that should have been cranked out quickly, L.T.M.D.T.T. recalled the brash and trashy appeal of early Aerosmith. Maybe because he wanted to show his former bandmates that he could succeed without them, the performances were extremely inspired, while the songwriting was sharp and focused. The anthemic title track was aimed at all the in-press bickering that was going on at the time between Aerosmith and Perry. While subsequent Perry Project albums didn't contain many Perry lead vocal spots, the singing on the debut is split 50/50 between Perry and Mormon. Tracks such as "Conflict of Interest," "Discount Dogs," "Shooting Star," and "Rocking Train" were all up-tempo highlights, and the instrumental "Break Song" showed off the fantastic interplay between the new band, while "The Mist Is Rising" was more low-key. A truly great and underrated record, Let the Music Do the Talking could have been a classic Aerosmith release if the drugs hadn't split the band apart. ~ Greg Prato
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 23 ratings.
Based on 23 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 12,483
- UPC: 886972485225
- Shipping Weight: 0.21/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE