Jerry Goldsmith Star Trek: The Motion Picture [20th Anniversary Collectors Edition] (2-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$0.50 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Jerry Goldsmith ~ Star Trek: Nemesis [Music from the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] ~ $16.18
by Alexander Courage ~ Star Trek, Volume 1: The Cage / Where No Man Has Gone Before ~ $18.01
by Various Artists ~ The Ultimate Star Trek ~ $16.18
- Released: January 26, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Sony
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Ilia's Theme
- 2.Main Title
- 3.Klingon Battle
- 4.Total Logic - (previously unreleased)
- 5.Floating Office - (previously unreleased)
- 6.The Enterprise
- 7.Leaving Drydock
- 8.Spock's Arrival - (previously unreleased)
- 9.The Cloud
- 10.Vejur Flyover
- 11.Force Field, The - (previously unreleased)
- 12.Games - (previously unreleased)
- 13.Spock Walk
- 14.Inner Workings - (previously unreleased)
- 15.Vejur Speaks - (previously unreleased)
- 16.The Meld
- 17.Good Start, A - (previously unreleased)
- 18.End Title
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Start Trek Theme
- 2.Introduction: Nichelle Nichols - (previously unreleased)
- 3.Inside Star Trek
- 4.William Shatner Meets Captain Kirk
- 5.Introduction to Live Show
- 6.About Science Fiction - (previously unreleased)
- 7.The Origin of Spock
- 8.Sarek's Son Spock
- 9.The Questor Affair
- 10.Genesis II Pilot, The - (previously unreleased)
- 11.Cyborg Tools and E.T. Life Forms - (previously unreleased)
- 12.McCoy's Rx for Life
- 13.The Star Trek Philosopy
- 14.Asimov's World of Science Fiction
- 15.The Enterprise Runs Around
- 16.A Letter from a Network Censor
- 17.The Star Trek Dream (Ballad 1/Ballad 2): Ballad I / Ballad II
- 18.Sign off: Nichelle Nichols - (previously unreleased)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: William Shatner (vocals).
Recording information: 20th Century Fox Music (05/1976-03/1998); Columbia Recording Studios, Santa M (05/1976-03/1998); New York, NY (05/1976-03/1998); United Western Studios, Los Angeles, CA (05/1976-03/1998).
Unknown Contributor Role: Gene Roddenberry.
In 1999, the Legacy label reissued Jerry Goldsmith's lauded score to STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE. Not only did the meticulously packaged release feature the lush pieces originally presented on the '79 soundtrack, it also offered up more than 20 minutes of previously unreleased material. The album's crowning achievement, of course, is the majestic "Main Title," which is immediately recognizable due to its prominent use in this first film, in the original television series, and in other subsequent STAR TREK movies and TV shows.
Each composition reveals Goldsmith's ability to both reflect and heighten the drama unfolding on the screen, whether it's the ominous, percussive "Klingon Battle" or the tense yet dreamy "Spock's Arrival." Along with John Williams's work on the original STAR WARS, this album is one of the preeminent sci-fi scores, and is a must-have for Trekkies and fans of Goldsmith's bold compositions. This 20TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTOR'S EDITION also contains a bonus disc that includes STAR TREK musings by creator Gene Roddenberry and the one and only William Shatner, among others.
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (Music from the Original... (CD)(171)
$9.72 Super Savings
Me and You and Everyone We Know [Original Score] (CD)(8)
$12.87 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 37 ratings.
Based on 37 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE