Glen Campbell Meet Glen Campbell [Bonus Tracks]
Only 10 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.11 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 6, 2012
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Capitol
Blender (Magazine) - p.783 stars out of 5 -- "He turns familiar, midtempo modern material by Green Day, Foo Fighters, U2 and Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers into country-pop road anthems in the blue-skies and open-highways mode of his '60s and '70s hits 'Wichita Lineman' and 'Rhinestone Cowboy.'"
Record Collector (magazine) - p.853 stars out of 5 -- "Swoops of strings and the articulacy of Jimmy Webb's songs helped Campbell stand out from the 60s crowd, and he approaches his latest batch of recordings with equal sophistication."
- 3.Angel Dream
- 4.Times Like These
- 5.These Days
- 6.Sadly Beautiful
- 7.All I Want Is You
- 9.Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
- 10.Grow Old With Me
- 11.Gentle On My Mind [2008 Remix] - (remix)
- 12.Galveston [2008 Remix] - (remix)
- 13.Wichita Lineman [Aol Session]
- 14.Rhinestone Cowboy (Aol Session)
- 15.All I Want is You (Aol Session)
Personnel: Glen Campbell (electric guitar); Dillon Campbell, Cal Campbell, Ashley Campbell, Derby Campbell, Robin Zander, Sharon Campbell (vocals); Rick Nielsen, Todd Youth (guitar); George Doering (acoustic guitar, banjo, mandolin); Jason Falkner, Wendy Melvoin (electric guitar); Kim Bullard, Roger Joseph Manning, Jr. (keyboards); Chris Chaney (bass guitar); Vinnie Colaiuta (drums); Luis Conte (percussion).
Audio Mixers: Howard Willing; Julian Raymond.
Recording information: Henson Studios; Sunset sound; The Record Company Studios.
Photographers: Dax Kimbrough; Steve Silvas.
Arranger: Julian Raymond.
For his first studio album in many moons, country/pop legend Glen Campbell not only returns to Capitol, the label that issued his finest 1960s recordings, bit pulls a Johnny Cash by taking on a handful of alternative-rock tunes. The results are surprisingly vigorous for a septuagenarian, with Campbell in fine, albeit weathered, vocal form and backed by top-notch musicians such as guitarist Jason Falkner and keyboardist Roger Manning Jr. (both vets of Air and Beck's backing bands). While Campbell happily wanders outside his comfort zone with light, twangy versions of "Sing" by the Britpop group Travis and Green Day's "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)," he moves closer to familiar territory on a deft, gentle rendition of Tom Petty's "Angel Dream," resulting in a highly enjoyable reintroduction.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 93 ratings.
Based on 93 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Roots (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Buy For Me The Rain / Dance Little Jean (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE